Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has finally downloaded (the joys of life in a small village) so I guess I should join the big server?

Comment

Yup you got me in the right place. Character name is Siwon Jeong :/

Comment

No change for me, I was always going with the Rargh majority so - Excalibur / Tali Zker.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
          Not long before phase 4 now HYPE!

This is possible?

Also happy birthday Wedge
          Cheers dude

Comment

Oh Tsing is heading to Ragnarok? that's a shame - no offense to the people going to Ragnarok of course Hope it works out!!

Comment

I feel stupid. I skipped most of the dialog while playing the beta thinking I'll read it properly when I start the game... maybe I should've just read it so I could skip it in Phase 4 and move along faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                Not long before phase 4 now HYPE!

This is possible?

Also happy birthday Wedge
                WHAT IS THIS!?! Is that just available for PC? or PS3 too? That would fix my pad woes.

On a side note I heard of Kerushi (Bad Wolf) and hes heading over to Rag if you want to add him to the list. Also pretty sure Tsing is going to Excalibur.

Comment

I've tried to google this answer but can't seem to find anything does anyone have any idea if an i7 980x would suffice to run ARR if paired with a decent GPU?

I only found one benchmark that was for a 975.

Comment

I think given the majority are on Excal that's where I will head, all the old shells from Seraph seem to be there as well. To be honest doesn't make a massive difference for me as most likely I'll be starting level 1 anyway. Given I always preferred tanking I'm likely to go Gladiator and see how it goes.

Given I won't have much play time (too much other stuff to do) I'm most likely going to be a social player this time round rather than chasing end game etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GluedOnBeard View Post
                      I've tried to google this answer but can't seem to find anything does anyone have any idea if an i7 980x would suffice to run ARR if paired with a decent GPU?

I only found one benchmark that was for a 975.
                      That is too low to play it. Even around 2000 was a struggle for me on my old setup. At a guess i'd say 3000+ is playable and enjoyable. Anything lower might be playable but I can't imagine it would be nice to play.

Comment

Are we living in the 21st century? Why the feck can't i go to any server anywhere in any country and play with anybody. This archaic system must die and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                          Are we living in the 21st century? Why the feck can't i go to any server anywhere in any country and play with anybody. This archaic system must die and fast.
                          This is SE! In 11 we could move servers but they charged, and I think it has a 3month limit to every move.

Comment

I don't know why I even tried this. I've never liked MMOs! Was bored before I even created my character and I'll never have the time to commit to it. What a fool.

Comment

There always used to be a bench mark on the playonline site

The official site for the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dawntrail benchmark.

There you go see what your rig registers as...

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                                That is too low to play it. Even around 2000 was a struggle for me on my old setup. At a guess i'd say 3000+ is playable and enjoyable. Anything lower might be playable but I can't imagine it would be nice to play.
                                Really? The benchmark result I saw was back in February on a 975 and it got:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
                                Tested on:2/21/2013 2:59:52 PM
                                Score:5276
                                Average Framerate:42.746
                                Performance:Very High
                                -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
                                Spoiler
                                System:
                                Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
                                Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz
                                12279.082MB
                                ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series(VRAM 2796 MB) 8.17.0010.1172
                                Then I found another but this is a 930:

Intel Core i7 930 @2.8ghz
                                6 MB DDR3 Corsair RAM
                                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
                                60 GB SSD
                                Which got 6926 on Very High.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

There was another build the same as above pretty much that got 6130 on Very High.

So will a 980x definitely be too slow? My thinking is looking at those it will be able to run it at Very High 1080?

There always used to be a bench mark on the playonline site

The official site for the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dawntrail benchmark.

There you go see what your rig registers as...
                                Thanks for the link but I don't have a rig setup. I have the processor but not much else and was wondering whether to bother filling in the gaps so to speak or not to bother.

Comment

Working...
                                X