Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFXIII costumes for all the races.

Comment

I do like. But am more interested how they do things like this going forward with other FF characters.

Comment

There was a post saying it won't happen again, as lightning only appears because its possible within her story, whereas they won't see shoehorning other characters in as it would demean both Eorzea and the associate game.

Fair play I say!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          There was a post saying it won't happen again, as lightning only appears because its possible within her story, whereas they won't see shoehorning other characters in as it would demean both Eorzea and the associate game.

Fair play I say!
          I'm pretty sure on one of the live letters it was said that other famous FF characters would appear as special events and not part of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
            I'm pretty sure on one of the live letters it was said that other famous FF characters would appear as special events and not part of the story.
            This is more accurate, whether it's main characters is yet to but seen, but Yoshi-P has mentioned he'll be using existing lore constantly, in Beta alone we've had at least "Wild Rose", the boss theme from Final Fantasy II, Biggs, Wedge along with The Tiny Bronco. The Main setting off theme, Mamool Ja. There's probably more, but those are the only ones I've seen.

In release we have Crystal Tower and Hein/Amon to look forward too. Also let's not forget this from 1.0

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Final Fantasy in your Final Fantasy.
            Last edited by Rep; 18-07-2013, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post

Fair play I say!
              Apparently it's a result of using the Miqo'te starter gear for Lightning in LR, but Yoshi-P wasn't consulted about it. How much of that is actually true though.

Comment

Posted on 12/7-

"FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Yoshida here.

Thank you for all the feedback and discussion in regards to the collaboration between LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FFXIV: A Realm Reborn that was announced at E3 and Japan Expo. While I was reading over all the comments and writing a post, I thought that there needs to be a clear explanation and decided to create this thread.

The Japan Expo stage is a place where people that like Japanese sub-culture gather and we focused on the below attractive aspects for our presentation:
                Lightning will be appearing in the world of FFXIV!
                Lightning and Snow costumes can be obtained in the world of FFXIV!

As a result, I believe there are some of you who are concerned with the implications for the lore of FFXIV: ARR and the world of Eorzea and thought, "Why are you shoehorning Lightning into FFXIV?" or "Is the game just going to be filled with other with FF characters?"

This is the first time we've tried having a FINAL FANTASY series character make an appearance in another world in a numbered FINAL FANTASY title. After announcing this at Japan Expo, we will be having a detailed meeting with the LIGHTNING team, but the general consensus between both teams is that "it shouldn’t just be a simple appearance."
                Why is Lightning in the world of Eorzea?
                Why is Lightning fighting in the world of Eorzea?
                What's the connection between adventurers and Lightning?
                And what will happen to Lightning after visiting Eorzea?

The story that answers these questions is already being created and it will also be related to the Lightning saga. This is not just a Lightning clone showing up in Eorzea; it is the one and only Lightning. We are also creating a lot of character dialogue for Lightning as well as special cut scenes. We've established a proper story, and I hope you're excited to see it.

Also, in regards to future collaborations with other FF series, we will be adhering to the below principles:
                We will never introduce characters that would destroy their meaning or story
                We will not use characters that are already dead or whose role has ended in their title

For example, "Red XIII" who appeared in FFVII.
                I believe we mentioned "Red XIV" as a joke before, but Red XIII has a very rare and specific role in the world of FFVII. If he was wandering around the world of Eorzea it would destroy the image of the world of FFVII, so this can’t happen.
                This is just a simple example of what we mean.

Leading up to my involvement with FFXIV, I've always been a fan of the FF series just like everyone else. Because of that, I want to keep the lore important and consider the storyline in its entirety, so please don't be worried when it comes to this.

P.S.
                When it comes to Minions, however, we are going to completely run with it. "

So if they do it they aren't going to shoehorn people in. From what is says, lightning is only in there because her story's allows her to appear.

Comment

I think its more when its story related.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

42min 50sec in here. Seems we will see other Final fantasy monsters / bosses according to this.

Comment

Looks like the phase 4 "open" beta still needs people to apply beforehand. I assume it means anyone who applies gets in.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                      I've used MotioninJoy in the past but decided to get rid (I tended to prefer the 360 pad anyway) after reading this. I used it wired so never got a lot of the problems people reported, but if you had other Bluetooth devices running on your PC it could cause a right mess. I just wanted rid but even after uninstalling the software I still had to manually remove a bunch of registry entries just to ensure it was fully removed from my system.

It's a shame Sony won't provide official Windows drivers for the DualShock 3.
                      Did you know about this mate? It looks like a cleaner MotioninJoy. Haven't tested it yet.

Also check out these super simple adapters which let you sync Dual Shock 3 / Wii U Pro Controllers to them wirelessly and disguise them as Xbox controllers (XInput) so they work with everything:

Have ordered one from EBay for about ?14. They work flawlessly apparently.

I'm planning on playing on Excalibur too with some old Linkshell friends from XI so I guess I'll be seeing you guys around. Can you join multiple Free Companies?
                      Last edited by Adam; 30-07-2013, 21:18.

Comment

I have looked at the MotioninJoy alternatives but really, the ease of use in getting my 360 pad working means I'll just stick with that for now. It's not ideal as the controller isn't perfect (especially the d-pad which is used quite a bit in XIV) but it's not hindering me so much that I need alternatives.

Does the BetterDS3 program still need to install the original MIJ drivers first? That would still put me off anyway.

Comment

New Character Creator Benchmark has been released.

The scenes for the test are very similar to the previous benchmark, although there are a few differences (

waddup Summoner

) but it should be running on the latest (presumably final?) version of the game engine so should in theory give better results now the engine has been optimised.

I scored 5873 at 1080P Maximum but my GPU is out of date and needs replacing.

Comment

Yeah its about the same length and I dont feel like it looks any better but my score has upped around 2000 I think.

9625 on 1080P Maximum. (Not running any overclocks)

Comment

10572 1080p Maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                                10572 1080p Maximum.
                                That's interesting as we where really close last time. Can't remember if I was running over clocked or not then though. I turned it off due to the hot weather. You running clocked wedge?

Comment

Working...
                                X