Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From when amazon first listed the original ps3 version of ffxiv from version 1.

It even had the old boxset art on the order until recently!

Comment

Ah the PS3 version. Was thinking PC for some reason

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve now. Can't wait until this goes live again. Still makes me laugh how we were convinced the game would be down for a couple of months max back in October last year.

Comment

Me too.....strange that such a game can have the same effect as a shiny new console does for me! Fingers crossed it will be a bit more friendly towards players (like myself) who can't devote a regular pattern to playing it.

Comment

what time tomorrow does the early access start?

Comment

Official start time is 10.00am.

Expect a cluster**** trying to log in though.
            Last edited by C'; 23-08-2013, 21:47.

Comment

lol i'll go out in the morning and try in the afternoon

Comment

Almost time!!!!!

Sadly im at work until lunch but I could not turn down double time as its bank holiday weekend. Hopefully any login congestion will be gone by the time I can login.

If anyone from here is coming to Ragnarok then drop your name in the player list and ill give you a shout later for a pearl.

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)
                Last edited by djtickle; 24-08-2013, 07:18.

Comment

Just had a look at the classes and i want to play a magic damage class but i noticed there are mining classes etc. If you want a cook / miner herber do you need to level a separate character for each or is it like wow where 1 character can have multiple skills?

Comment

Your character can be all classes. You have to choose a Disciple of War or Disciple of Magic class to start with (the class you choose also determines your starting city) then upon completion of your level 10 class guild quest you can unlock other classes (including the Disciple of Land and Disciple of Hand classes).

If you want to play magic damage I think Thaumaturge (THM) is your best option. It can later become Black Mage. Conjurer (CNJ) has some nuke spells but it's primary focus is healing (and later can become White Mage). The only other Disciple of Magic is Arcanist (ACN) which I believe the game also defines as DPS but I think it's more focussed on DoT spells than nukes (although this class is new to A Realm Reborn so no one is 100% clear on how it plays yet). However this class is linked to two jobs, Summoner and Scholar, so may have more flexibility once you've levelled it to 50.
                    Last edited by C'; 24-08-2013, 08:13.

Comment

Also some known issues for the current version to be aware of.

As of August 23, 2013, the following issues have been confirmed in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. - An issue wherein the companion action "Choco Medica" does not recover HP properly. * We plan to address this issue via a hot fix as soon as possible. - An issue wherein the "manor sentries" that appear in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor" become stuck and prevent players from progressing through the instanced dungeon. * Please be sure to fight the "manor sentries" on the second

Comment

Play button active for me now.

Could be live?

I imagine Yoshi-P is bricking it right about now.
                        Last edited by C'; 24-08-2013, 08:59.

Comment

Still can't get on.

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. I have paid NOTHING for this EARLY access and when Square-Enix SAY it will be live at 10.00am BST THAT is when I expect TO be able at that TIME.

SORT it OUT Square-ENIX or you can kiss YOUR game goodbye.

Obviously sarcasm but I imagine this is how the official forums are about now.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            Still can't get on.

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. I have paid NOTHING for this EARLY access and when Square-Enix SAY it will be live at 10.00am BST THAT is when I expect TO be able at that TIME.

SORT it OUT Square-ENIX or you can kiss YOUR game goodbye.

Obviously sarcasm but I imagine this is how the official forums are about now.
                            I'm still at work have you been able to login yet?

Comment

CE is here and now I'm out for day. Gosh dang it. Hope to see some of you online later :-)

Comment

Created a character but it says Ragnarok isn't accepting any more new characters

Comment

Working...
                                X