Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've given up for the evening too. Looks like maintenance.

Apa, I know we were supposed to be trying Hauke Manor tonight but hopefully we can reschedule for Wednesday.

Comment

I'd love to do some party based quests but at the moment I'm not logging on much and I'm just trying to focus on getting to the level 20 quests. I'm a little too OCD for this game, making decisions takes me forever and I go back and forth a lot, I get nervous at the idea of joining a party then I read all these topics on gfaq of people being rude to tanks. I've always been a tank but I've never made it that far in MMOs due to life, so never really dealt with much pressure on the job. I am actually making progress on this game and its really casual friendly, hopefully I can stick to it till the end.

Also my equipment is completely shoddy, I'm using random ass pieces on my level 20 GLD and I'd probably get laughed out of a party, I'm just waiting to hit level 20 with my ARC then I'll invest in some decent gear for both jobs, set up the lovely armoury, but then theres my short attention span which makes me switch jobs every few minutes...

In 1.0 my OCD was REALLY bad... I hated the market system so much that I made all my armor and weapons myself. I used all the crafting/gathering jobs to get all the pieces (sometimes parts obtained from other characters) and then made everything I wore head to toe. It was a nice accomplishment to finish a set but it also meant I'd make no progress at times...

Comment

Just doing quests (Main Scenario and Class Guild) will get you decked out in a reasonable set of gear. However, the best pieces at the moment actually come from the dungeons themselves.

There's 3 sets of gear that drop from the 3 starter dungeons of Satasha, Tam Tara Deepcroft and Copperbell Mines for lvl15 that are far better than crafted gear (any pieces you get are better than gear in the same slot at lvl20 and will probably last you until 25).

For tanking classes there is the Plundered plate mail set, for DPS is Foestrikers gear and for mages is the Acolytes set.

Comment

Also, I thought there was maintenance for us this evening but I misread PDT as GMT so it looks like we do get an evening's playtime tonight. Provided people can get on I'd like to clear Hauke Manor if we can, provided Rep and Apa are available for it too.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
            Just doing quests (Main Scenario and Class Guild) will get you decked out in a reasonable set of gear. However, the best pieces at the moment actually come from the dungeons themselves.

There's 3 sets of gear that drop from the 3 starter dungeons of Satasha, Tam Tara Deepcroft and Copperbell Mines for lvl15 that are far better than crafted gear (any pieces you get are better than gear in the same slot at lvl20 and will probably last you until 25).

For tanking classes there is the Plundered plate mail set, for DPS is Foestrikers gear and for mages is the Acolytes set.
            Nice, my next goal after Satasha for the Story Quest will be the Acolytes set

Comment

Cleared Satasha this morning, very easy run and I wouldn't worry about tanking - compared to FFXI a slightly drunk chimp could do it. I did it with my daughter sat on my knee for the last room messing with the controller, it's just that hard!

Got my first item of the plate set today - the belt and Rare is right it beats the level 20 bought sets hands down.

Enjoying the game a lot, got to get my retainer though as I've run out of inventory - got Fishing 12, Mining 15 and Botanist 10 now

Started messing round with ACN (5) yesterday, I think in the help text it said the pet gets its own hot bar but couldn't work out how - anyone know.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                Yeah I've given up for the evening too. Looks like maintenance.

Apa, I know we were supposed to be trying Hauke Manor tonight but hopefully we can reschedule for Wednesday.
                Wednesday works for me! Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                  Started messing round with ACN (5) yesterday, I think in the help text it said the pet gets its own hot bar but couldn't work out how - anyone know.
                  It's RB on the 360 controller.

Comment

For me that brings up the hot bar swap menu, will have to have a look why.

Got it if you hold it's the swap hot bar, if you tap its toggle the pet bar.
                    Last edited by Tsingtao; 03-09-2013, 14:25.

Comment

When did labour day become labour dayS? Server shouldn't be full at this time,what's going on?

Comment

I unlocked the duty finder today and played about with it a bit with my level 12 MRD... and wow some people are dumb. Had a party with two CNJs, they did nothing but Stone the entire battle and an ARC who thought it was best to pull EVERY SINGLE mob on the map. In the end I was using Cure to keep myself alive.

Comment

this damned game, it servers problems are effecting 11 as well. Lots and lots of lag and d/c's since the weekend.

Comment

Thanks to Rare, Apa & Moot for the Sastasha run tonight. Was my first Dungeon and it had a little more pace than I have been used to in XI. All went well however and I was rewarded with the Acolytes Hands at the end. Really looking forward to more runs here (to try and complete the Acolytes set) and the Lv20's with the LS. Thanks again ^_^

Comment

Odin fate showed up twice over the last couple of days which unlike Behemoth turned out to be crap. Hopefully its only down to the sheer about of people that turned up which pretty much made it unplayable as you cant target anything. 1st time he wiped everyone at 1% and 2nd time I got the clear but only a silver reward.

Also finished the current main story line which in the end was excellent after having my doubts after

Ifrit and Titan.

Tsing the dungeons get much harder as a tank, as almost all the time you are dealing with multiple enemies. Around 40+ will start pushing your buttons! ^^

Oh and my OST finally turned up!

Somebody called Wedge has added me as a friend is this you wedge?
                              Last edited by djtickle; 04-09-2013, 05:03.

Comment

1Gb patch now ready for download, notes to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X