Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again to rep, wedge and rare for helping me clear the last of the msq last night. Was good fun, sorry it sucked for you rare :-(

What's next on the to do list? HM Ifrit or better equip from WP?
    Last edited by Daragon; 12-11-2013, 06:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      Thanks again to rep, wedge and rare for helping me clear the last of the msq last night. Was good fun, sorry it sucked for you rare :-(

What's next on the to do list? HM Ifrit or better equip from WP?
      Grats and welcome to the boring part of the game! My advise would be farm Castrum, AK and WP as much as you can then you can equip out your jobs with AK / DL gear. WP is the fastest for tombs but AK holds the best gear drops for you atm. Once you have a AK / DL build on your job take on building yourself a Relic and then once you hit full DL welcome back to game content and Bahamuts Coil!

Comment

Castrum isn't as viable as it used to be, they changed the trash packs so you can't skip them, and buffed WP/AK too 100 Phil. tomes. Everyone is gay for doing WP in under 15mins at the moment, if you learn to Speed Run that, it's your best source. AK is rock hard entry level, but like Dj says, it's going to drop gear as a stopgap to Darklight, AK is i60, where Darklight is i70.

Comment

Had some crazy luck today gil saving at its best.

1st meld is 100% but went 1/1 on the other 3 with the last one being 11% chance!!!

Comment

Amazing work on Turn 1 last night, considering we had 4 people who've never entered, and Jester who'd never done BRD coil before. Getting ADS and Cad. down on the 4th try was great, especially with that pug tank we had. We got really unlucky on the first try, as I raised Rare and Moots snake spat the green goo the second he got up, honestly believe we'd have beaten it first go if that didn't happen. If you thought you were on your toes last night, just wait for turn 2

Comment

So finally some progress and being ready for BC...

Titan beaten and all but 1 accessory now upgraded to DL (+1 hero), all body pieces are now Hoplite - so next is the 900 seals for my relic and the 3k for DL body, legs and head.

Dara - if you've beaten MSQ next stop is Ifrit HM and DLing out your job in WP and AK.

AK has the bonus of armour at iLvl 60 and WP weapons at iLvl 55 (not so useful).

Comment

DL? Not up to speed on my end game abbreviations just yet. Duty something?

Had a quick go of aurum Vale the other night to unlock Ak and my group wiped so much at the end boss its pissed me off to the point where I don't want to go back. Anyone fancy it tonight?

Comment

If I'm around tonight can do AV with you...

DL is Darklight armour - paid for with Philo Tomestones, **** loads of them apparently from running AK and WP.

Comment

So the Lightning FATE is just a regular level 12 FATE against multiple mobs outside Summerford, but with Lightning appearing every 30mins (I didn't see her model once in 2 hours). Yes, somebody actually thought that was a good idea...

Comment

Let's discuss Coil. Going to start of by saying the progress so far has been remarkable, Turn 1 was stormed in 2 hours, and Turn 2 has been picked up faster than I've seen, ADS was down to 5% and It was no ones fault. Everyone made mistakes, including me, Jester, Cerv and Aba, that's the whole point and the reason I wanted to run for 45 minutes on Wednesday, because Turn 2 is unforgiving. Turn 2 is cruel on MNK and DRGs, most of the time they don't even make it to the Rot phase, so Rare you're doing a great job, it's not you, it's turn 2. There are so many things going on at once on ADS, it's basically Titan on crack and just simply isn't easy to learn first time. Going DRG and taking the right path isn't much easier (ADS gain the red X firestream move) and will combine it with Repelling Cannon.

I wasn't even expecting to beat Turn 2 until later next week, and everyone is really happy with the group we have, so It would be a shame to lose anyone at this point. We're pretty close to knocking out turns 1 and 2 in a single night. While front line takes a beating in Turn 2, it's pretty essential in turns 3, 4 and 5, when fights (apart from 5) become less about dodging and more about positioning and raw DPS. It's for this reason we're going to change our setup to a single BRD and have Cerv on BLM.

I wasn't joking when I said expect 3 hours of wiping last week though, next time we'll nail it for sure. This whole first week was about practice, and no one can believe how well we're doing as a group.

Comment

Its hard to tell how it is for others since it is so hectic, I barely look at whats actually going on as I'm fixed at the action bar most the time making sure to silence.

I messed up quite alot though, first run was just embarrassing not even getting in the arena (twice), positioning all over the place and it took awhile to get the hang of Rot, just alot to take in over one evening. What I'll say though is we got very close so our setup we have now can manage this just fine. Tuesday I think we can go in and clear Turn 1 and 2 in a good time frame.

Comment

Right got base Relic done next step +1s ^^, might do the AF2 legs ahead of sword though.

Was looking at trying to work out Best in Slot pieces for PLD and this is what I came across

Allagan Helm
                          Allagan Chest / AF2
                          Allagan Hands / AF2 depends on parry
                          Allagan Belt
                          Valor Cuisses
                          Allagan Feet / AF2
                          Allagan Choker.
                          Allagan Earrings.
                          Allagan Bracelet.
                          Allagan and Heroes Ring.

Does that seem right, Can bridge to it with DL?

Comment

I'll just leave this here and run away...

*runs*

Comment

Comment

It's silly that you can undertake a mission above your level, but then not be able to collect the reward if you succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X