Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the patch notes:

Enemies
    Garuda's channeling lines in the Howling Eye (Hard)
    Effects have been enlarged to improve visibility.
    The red line has been made into a dashed line.
    As someone who suffers with red/green volour blindness, thank **** for that.

Also, MNK got BUFFED!!! MNK is the new SAM. You're already one of the best DPS, but have some BUFFS anyway!
    Last edited by C'; 14-12-2013, 17:08.

Comment

Loving the changes to BLM and BRD <_<

Why even bother to "fix" something like freeze? Flare's ****ing useless too. How about removing all those gimped spells and giving us something half decent instead?

Oh, and rain of death? Don't even get me going on that! Last time I checked, accuracy wasn't such a big deal in this game, well unless you happened to have level 10 gear on your level 50 job, which is not unheard of. I have sadly been privvy to such disgrace.

Edit, but thank **** for them seeing the light with resurrection penalty. Now being forced to resurrect thanks to an il-timed lb hopefully no longer means insta death.
      Last edited by Daragon; 15-12-2013, 16:24.

Comment

Except Flare is good when used properly in a rotation, and Rain of Death/Quick Nock is free damage in an AoE rotation. They're both good abilities.

Comment

Rain of death is ace from what I've seen, did some SR lights in WP yesterday and it worked nicely. Didn't do the full pulls but did 2 - 3 groups at once and it went well. Got my DL body / head now, so next it's onto the legs...

Main dilemma right now is AF2 hands v Curtana +1 - the +1 seems much less use.

Did have one question though, had a few issues with a LNC last night using AOE and dragging hate - was weird as the SMN who was pimp never took hate and was doing more damage. Any idea what the LNC was up to other than mucking up the run?

Comment

Lodestone already been updated with the new items.

Also today's AK fail.

Who needs Fire I

Also, I don't know about the others, but the Allagan Grimoire of Healing is ****ing AMAZING now compared to Relic+1.
            Last edited by Rep; 16-12-2013, 08:15.

Comment

Turns out some of the weapons from the Extreme Questline are trash compared to Relic Zenith versions, SCH for example replaces Determination (Relic), with Piety (Extreme). The BLM one is amazing though, and destroys its Zenith counterpart.
              Last edited by Rep; 16-12-2013, 08:42.

Comment

Just been looking at how to speed run AK and really fancy trying that when the servers are back, anyone game say Tuesday evening?

Run that a bit then pick up the gear to SR WP, going to upgrade to AF2 hands rather than Curtana +1.

Comment

Good luck speed running AK, no one has done that for about two months, not to mention it's being nerfed to 30 Myth tomorrow. It's all about the WP these days.

Comment

Yeah just saw the tome nerf, bloody typical - having said that given that mob strength has been nerfed it may now be faster than WP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                      Except Flare is good when used properly in a rotation, and Rain of Death/Quick Nock is free damage in an AoE rotation. They're both good abilities.
                      I'm not disputing that they're good abilities, but for a spell which costs all mp, it needs to really be better than good. And rain of death is a good aoe, but given the option, I'd take attack down over evasion down any day of the week!

Comment

It's 40 more potency over Fire III (260), plus it's AoE, I would say that's better than good, damage isn't MP based either, so if you're using it at the right time, it's excellent. In comparison Blizzard II is 50 potency, while Fire II is 100. More about BLM here.

Primal Extreme gear lol at Claws.
                        Last edited by Rep; 16-12-2013, 17:17.

Comment

Ultima's Bane is crazy!

Comment

A few impressions I've noticed with the patch. AK has been mega-nerfed, and is now pretty pointless to do outside of 70 Myth on Daily roulette, it gives 30 Phil. now, had a bunch of trash packs removed, the bosses nerfed, and now contains all the i55 WP gear, instead of i60 stuff.

Garuda Extreme is in line with the original version 1 fight now, so pretty damm difficult. Ultima is both versions of the MSQ fight but on crack.

Party finder is nice, not many people using it, but still a nice addition. The button for sort LS list by online status remains checked when closing the window. You can blist people from the chatlog.

CT quest is a massive cockblock, you need to do 4 different FATE, the one in Aleport took over 3 hours to spawn, there's an official post regarding this however.

Comment

Not sure if I'll be on for Coil tonight, having issues updating the game, just get an error message everytime during the update.

Comment

Anyone know if Coil is starting back up again Tuesday, if turn 2 hasn't been changed yet I think we could have a shot at clearing 1-4 in one evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X