Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More testing this weekend, April 19, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to April 21, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

Comment

The monitor I was looking at was this badboy, my only concern is 24" to big for a monitor...

or go 21", my corruent monitor is still old school 4:3
      Last edited by Tsingtao; 17-04-2013, 07:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
        The monitor I was looking at was this badboy, my only concern is 24" to big for a monitor...

or go 21", my corruent monitor is still old school 4:3
        What are these strange words "too big"? They are NEVER to be used in conjunction with a display! I still say 27" is the way to go...!

Comment

I might just go 24", though I've seen a nice 23" one now that has to HDMI ports and does 3D...

Just have to check it does P in P and then I think it's game on, using Currys as I have ?100 of vouchers from consumer pulse for there and another voucher from work

Next on the shopping list is a QNAP 4 bay NAS and 4 x 3TB WD Reds to host my media outside my games machine! Need antoher SSD as well, the OS boot one is full turns out 128 Gb isn't enough for OS and apps...

Comment

Since there seems to be a lot of people knocking about again, I renewed the Teamspeak server, address is;

london1.teamspeak.net:19099 / pw: ntsc

Or click here
            Last edited by Rep; 17-04-2013, 09:14.

Comment

Limited through NDA, but I'm thoroughly enjoying what I've played of this. Much more so than XIV 1.0.

Myself and my partner are playing through the beta weekends together and reached Lv. 27, thoroughly enjoying playing Gladiator in dungeons and can't wait to try out the Lv. 30 one.

Comment

Hopefully get on this weekend to take a good look, some sort of tank class is most likely - though for the end of FFXI I always seemed to be on BLM.

Comment

I enjoy the mechanics on ARR for keeping hate/emnity as a tank.

It's annoying in 25+ dungeons though when you have a Lancer spamming all the skills under the sun and pulling aggro faster than repeat provokes/flash/emnity attacks can hold it.

That, and when you get archers that don't know how to use the target assist function and start attacking a different target to you, so you spend all your time either hopping between targets casting shield lob, or stand right in the middle of everyone, spam flash, run out of MP and spam riot blade in an effort to keep it up.

When you get a team that clicks though, tanking is amazing fun.

Comment

Hmm want to talk more about this game but cant risk losing my character due to NDA lol.

Comment

Next weekend the rest of the family is off to the in-laws so I see a weekend of FFXIV play in my future

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                        That, and when you get archers that don't know how to use the target assist function and start attacking a different target to you, so you spend all your time either hopping between targets casting shield lob, or stand right in the middle of everyone, spam flash, run out of MP and spam riot blade in an effort to keep it up.
                        Can you tell me the command for the target assist? I've been having to manual cycle through targets until I find the one the tank is attacking. Although when there's a few I've been tagging some of the links with Venom Arrow/Gloom Arrow I would like to be able to switch to the main target as quickly as possible.

I am playing on gamepad but hopefully it's just a matter of setting the same command to the hotbar.

Comment

FINAL FANTASY XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VI now up on YouTube. All in Japanese but some great looking footage.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            Can you tell me the command for the target assist? I've been having to manual cycle through targets until I find the one the tank is attacking. Although when there's a few I've been tagging some of the links with Venom Arrow/Gloom Arrow I would like to be able to switch to the main target as quickly as possible.

I am playing on gamepad but hopefully it's just a matter of setting the same command to the hotbar.
                            Gamepad targeting is really flaky at the moment, so I'm not sure if there's a bind to gamepad command for target assist.

On keyboard, it's T I think.

Comment

Hope they will put a (balanced for low level) primal fight into the beta.

I'm missing these tracks:

Listening to Primal Judgement without the near constant sounds of Ifrit roaring and explosions erupting isn't the same.

Comment

New Class and (especially) new Job screenshots are looking sweet, shame there is no RDM mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X