Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on the dungeon too, it seems most of the lvl 50 ones are full and all have a 15min+ timer on them. AK can be about 25mins after 8pm.

Comment

Just opened the lvl 44 dungeon, drazens or something or other- looking forward to it, but haven't mastered stone vigil yet, so don't like moving on until then!

Comment

Just read on IGN -

PS4 Beta will be coming and also PS3 users get PS4 version for free!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
          I find waiting outside the dungeons gets you partied up quicker than waiting on duty finder... I went through my first runs on the first three and a second run through sastasha last night.

ARC carbuncle is a hell of beastly tank... Made me feel a little useless with my MRD. Second run I played DPS and I'm incredibly proud of having maintained our party with Cure when the healer died and didn't seem to want to respawn.
          Topaz Carbuncle can tank up until Brayflox Longstop. By that point you won't be holding aggro like you need to be, and awkward pet placement controls mean you're much much better off just having a proper tank. It's just not feasible from there.

On a side note, the best thing about going Summoner 50, was that I'm only 15 conjurer levels away from going full Scholar 50. I'll be spending the time tonight getting that rolling and our FC will have both our healers and tanks sorted out for Ifrit Hard mode. Can't wait.

Comment

iOS App out btw. Final Fantasy XIV : Libra Eorzea.

Titan Hard Mode down!! - It made my eyes bleed. But it defo seem's that for Mages and DD movement is key, might even be better suited to pad.

Should be able to pickup relic tomorrow, and maybe +1 on Thur if Tomb counters reset after maint!

Comment

Well, i had a 1.0 version character, for about 3 days, back in the day my pc could barely play the game

Anyway i got that character transfered to a legacy server, of which a friend was moving their lv50alljob legacy character too.

Played a bit, have black mage and Paladin to 50. I like tanking, its fun and rewarding and pretty active compared to mindless dps.

However, the game has already developed a speed run dungeon culture, and now as tank im expected to run rings for dumb pricks who shout loudest then after ive death run them to the bosses, cant actually kill them.
              Alternatively people can run the story 8 man dungeon for 100 stones of philo all day all week and gear up like that. Circumventing the need to play the lv50 dungeons and beat them, instead people want to speed them to get the mythology stones.
              Feels sort of backwards.

So im not having much fun.

What server are you all on?

Comment

Ragnarok here.

Comment

Is everyone else still having server problems? I am really enjoying this when I can play, but have hardly been able to do so today.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbatch2 View Post
                    Is everyone else still having server problems? I am really enjoying this when I can play, but have hardly been able to do so today.
                    Noting for me been working fine just some lag in the evenings.

Relic +1 GET!

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                      However, the game has already developed a speed run dungeon culture, and now as tank im expected to run rings for dumb pricks who shout loudest then after ive death run them to the bosses, cant actually kill them.
                      Alternatively people can run the story 8 man dungeon for 100 stones of philo all day all week and gear up like that. Circumventing the need to play the lv50 dungeons and beat them, instead people want to speed them to get the mythology stones.
                      Feels sort of backwards.
                      There's a very valid reason for this.

When you hit level 50, Gil stops coming in unless you're levelling a trade craft and earning it on the market board. Leves and Fates give you such little Gil that it's just not worth it.

The reason this is a big deal, is the repair cost for your armour.

Gear wear is based on potential EXP earned, not damage dealt to you. Therefore, in level 50 dungeons, it's FAR more beneficial for absolutely everyone if you tank all the mobs, speed run the dungeon, die, respawn and continue. The durability cost is far less, the gil costs for endgame get drastically reduced, and there's nothing gained from killing mobs in dungeons anyway.

This is being fixed as repair costs are being worked on, but with the game's current problem of endgame money fountains severely lacking and high payouts, it's just seriously detrimental to run through dungeons 'normally'.

@DJTickle - Absolutely disgusting. Good job though. We have a linkshell on Phoenix where all the skilled 50s are going. It's a stupidly elitist community, but absolutely none of us have managed to clear Titan yet. We believe that he's still completely undefeated on our server, so bloody good job with that.

Comment

Also Darklight is not the best armor anymore AF2 is, which come from the lvl50 dungeon tombs capped at 300 a week.

Titan is mega, I know another FC on our server have managed him but he is really hard. In the 3rd phase the dodging is pretty easy but its the pure damage he deals out.

Our group has Relics, Darklight and AF2 and we can beat him around 30% of the time now so that gives you a indication of how hard and what kind of gear is needed. Its the same for the other FC on our server that beat him they go 50% relic just to get the other 50% through.

Thinking about knocking out the BLM relic now we got it down!

edit* Posted wrong picture, +1 Glows! Will hopefully get shield done this week.

Last edited by djtickle; 11-09-2013, 11:29.

Comment

Update notes

Disappointing news about the repair costs and them caving in, great news about them hammering down on just running through a dungeon.

Comment

I hit level 20 last night, looking forward to getting my chocobo. Just need to find the starting quest for it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
                              I hit level 20 last night, looking forward to getting my chocobo. Just need to find the starting quest for it.
                              Join a grand company, and they will give you the quest. You need 2000 guild seals to buy the license, then can give it in to get your license

Comment

Not amazing, and alot easier than in version one, but finally got my five meld!

Comment

Working...
                                X