No announcement yet.

Gauntlet IV Megadrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** you mean this game is good. I purchased a copy off of a m8 at work for about a tenner and haven't played it yet.

Is there some sort of multitap thingy for 4 player action?

Comment

The game is not good its just the best of the series on the MD. lol

Comment

Muddy (in this thread) has a multitap thing for sale in his loft.

Comment

indeed, the loft shop is open.
          ?12 inc P&P for a boxed multi-tap

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian)
            Portsmouth Kaladron.
            Gamestation in Commercial Rd. It's an extremely small shop, but manned by knowledgeable blokies, that is...knowledgeable enough to bag a retro classic BEFORE putting it up for sale to Joe public.

Luckily matey boy already had Gauntlet IV in his personal collection of 70-odd Megadrive games or I'm sure it wouldn't even had made it to the shelf.

Where is Crossgates BTW? Wakefield I presume.

As an aside the same Gamestation has a second-hand slightly tatty (DC) Shenmue II up for ?29.99

Shocking.
            Ah. The reason I ask is that we had a Gauntlet IV priced at 4.99 (even though it doesn't have a set price) AND we have a customer called Ian who is in to imports. I guess its just one of those wierd coincidences.

Crossgates is just outside Leeds.

As for Shenmue II, ?30 is the standard price for that game and I agree that it is shocking. We have seven of them in and I doubt we will ever shift 'em all.

Comment

Gauntlet really needs a proper update.
              Gauntlet Legends went a little way towards that in the arcades / All formats. N64 was the best of those IMO. It was the only one which allowed players to sell the items they picked up during a level and use the gold to upgrade stats. (other versions didn't have this option so you could only use the actual gold you collected for this purpose)

I read somewhere that John Romero was involved in another remake. I just hope he sticks to the top-down-swamp-the-screen-with-enemies format and doesn't go off giving us another Dark Alliance, which is good at what it does, but it isn't Gauntlet.

As to Shenmue II for ?22.99....I bought a MINT Shenmue II from the same shop about 2 years ago for ?20, and I do mean mint, as in perfect.

Comment

Spooky, although I don't work in a games shop like that...

Gauntlet Leg ends was poor even if you squinted...

Comment

I liked Gauntlet Legends on the N64. It had nice graphics, plenty of action and funny speech. The levels had variety and everything about it was enjoyable. It was best in 2-player though and once completed there was little incentive to return.

Comment

ive got the DC version. Hoping to relive the C64 days of the 80's. But it got so boring and annoying.

Comment

Actually quite like Legends on the arcade, it's good fun if a little repetative.

Not played it at home.

Comment

If anyone's interested.

I had this when it came out, and just like I did with Castlevania Symphony of the Night (with music disc and artwork booklet), I traded it in!

Comment

Working...
                        X