No announcement yet.

The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that is a let down, I've raised a ticket with the hosting company but it seems the problem lies squarely with NT-Hell.... If anyone finds a workaround until they sort their act out I would love to hear it!

Time Extension brings you the latest news and features from the world of retro gaming. Giving retro and classic games more time to shine and so much more.

Comment

Fine for me, it's to do with NTL's caches. Go here for a list of alternatives.

Just above the green box, it tells you how to enter these settings.

I can confirm manc-cache-5.server.ntli.net is fine and dandy.

Should help!

Comment

*EDIT* Delete me - my connection went wacky! Sorry!
        Last edited by SegaMark; 20-02-2006, 22:22. Reason: Deleing multiple posts

Comment

*EDIT* Delete me - my connection went wacky! Sorry!

Comment

decided to work all on its own now, bloody NTL!!!!!!

Great update though Duddy

Regards
            Simon

Comment

decided to work all on its own now, bloody NTL!!!!!!
              Interesting...I still can't access the site from my home (NTL) connection. Works fine at work. I wonder if mine will 'fix itself' too? In the meantime I will try that cache thing that Segamark mentioned (and AllYourBase has already alerted me to).

Thanks for the kind words, but it really has been all been down to Darren (AllYourBase). He's done all the complex php stuff and made the site the all-singing, all-dancing thing it is at the moment. I've just been adding review content...which by the way, you can all help with if you are up for it! (hint hint).

Comment

Fascinating reading the streetfighter 2 review Just to see the first impressions of a game that is now so well established.

Comment

No talk of my famous username in the Zero Wing review either:
                  Time Extension brings you the latest news and features from the world of retro gaming. Giving retro and classic games more time to shine and so much more.

MM didnt even comment on the Japlish! They just said it had a great intro

Comment

That's cos they reviewed the Jap version mate! Only the UK and US versions featured the oh-so-amusing japish!

Comment

Ah I thought it showed up on my JPN version when switched into ENG mode, but it seems it was only the euro version that got the Japlish treatment:

very funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                        That's cos they reviewed the Jap version mate! Only the UK and US versions featured the oh-so-amusing japish!
                        There's no Genesis version either

Comment

There's no Genesis version either
                          Honestly? Then how did the whole 'All you base' thing start then? I've always assumed it was an American thing - does that mean they got it from the Euro version?

Comment

Yeah, though I reckon the meme originally stemmed from ROM-kiddies. The lack of a US version also meant that some crazy prices were being reached for Euro copies back in the prime - what should be a ?5 game (absolute tops) was going for upto ?70/?80 at one point.

Comment

To celebrate I think we should all watch the zero wing intro (ignore the last 5 mins of sillyness!!)

Comment

didn't know Steven Hawkins did voice overs.. hehe.. quality!

Comment

Working...
                                X