No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo, is there any where else i can get the bit torrent from for Retro Core Volume 9 because kedora tv is down at the moment.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mission
      Yakumo, is there any where else i can get the bit torrent from for Retro Core Volume 9 because kedora tv is down at the moment.

Thanks.
      I'm afraid not unless http://www.n-tv.co.uk/downloads.php have got it up yet. Kedora TV is being redesigned at the moment so it goes off line every now and then. I know of a few people who got it from there already and said the speed was fantastic so lets hope it goes back up soon. For now however there's only the FTP.

Yakumo

Comment

Good news for fans of URL downloads I'm now uploading Retro Core Volumes 8, 9 and 10 to http://www.archive.org/ They won't be on line for another 5 hours or so yet but once they are you can find them by just typing Retro Core in the serch box under Moving Imagaes (Movies)

Yakumo

PS: you're getting volume 10 super early

Comment

Good stuff. I shall d/l this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
            Good stuff. I shall d/l this evening.
            sorry mate, I have to process the movie files once they are uploaded before they will apear on line. And with another 4 hours to go on eeach and it now being 11:15pm I think theywon't be getting processed until Tomorrow around 7pm when I come home from work. Pain in the arse isn't it Oh well, a little longer shouldn't hurt

Yakumo

Comment

but then more Retro Core so \o/

Comment

oh crap! i dind't even see this thread haha

Comment

i know this is gonna sound propa dumb but what is retro core???? i think its some kinda retro event, but can anyone clarify this pliz.I have only been part of this websites scene for a few weeks so i hgave no idea whats going on in the retro world.

Comment

Retro Core is my Online Retro Gaming show. It shows games Played (Study EDGE Writers!!) through many of the levels with my normal dull but to the point comments with the odd bit of bad language here and there The show is released once a month and is now up to the 10th volume. Early shows look really rough but the later ones from 6 or 7 upwards have stereo sound and direct video capture on many games. Retro Core covers the following systems (not all in one show)
                    Dreamcast
                    Saturn
                    Mega Drive / Mega CD
                    Master System / Mark III
                    Game Gear
                    Neo Geo
                    Sharp X68000
                    PlayStation
                    Super Famicom / SNES
                    Famicom / NES
                    Game Boy
                    PC Engine
                    PC 88 (Old Japanese PC which some games started life on such as Valis and Snatcher)
                    Arcade
                    and maybe a few others.

Yakumo

Comment

Insert Credit thinks your Scottish btw, in their recent news posting.

The crazy scottish guy responsible for the saturn shooting special has another retrocore episode up for viewing at the internet archive. Also see 9 and 10. Big downloads, but might include some games you've never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                        Retro Core is my Online Retro Gaming show. It shows games Played (Study EDGE Writers!!) through many of the levels with my normal dull but to the point comments with the odd bit of bad language here and there The show is released once a month and is now up to the 10th volume. Early shows look really rough but the later ones from 6 or 7 upwards have stereo sound and direct video capture on many games. Retro Core covers the following systems (not all in one show)
                        Dreamcast
                        Saturn
                        Mega Drive / Mega CD
                        Master System / Mark III
                        Game Gear
                        Neo Geo
                        Sharp X68000
                        PlayStation
                        Super Famicom / SNES
                        Famicom / NES
                        Game Boy
                        PC Engine
                        PC 88 (Old Japanese PC which some games started life on such as Valis and Snatcher)
                        Arcade
                        and maybe a few others.

Yakumo
                        sounds cool but can you buy the DVD's or a CD maybe??????

Comment

Yes you can buy the DVD but the quality will only be the same as the downloads. The show is presented in 320 x 252 (I'll have to check that) resolution which is the standard for normal TV. This makes it look small on a PC screen that runs in 1024x768 or higher but you can always change to full screen mode

To get all the shows so far (1 to 10 plus specials) will take 2 DVDs if I keep them in AVI format. however if I convert them to DVD format they will probably take up 5 DVDs I'm not really sure since I normally just keep the files in AVI format.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
                            Insert Credit thinks your Scottish btw, in their recent news posting.
                            I'm a crazy Scottish guy I don't know how many people have said I'm Scottish now. I'm a scoucer Even though I have probably lost most of my accent over the years and the ability to speak English without having to think ;D

Yakumo

Comment

I just volume 10. It's the first one I've seen. I found it very enjoyable; I'm surprised Consolevania don't do more talking over game footage because it's often the best part of their show as well.

The bad language is great. I curse like a sailor whenever I play something difficult and it's reassuring to see I'm not the only one.

I think the show could do with giving each game slightly less time. It tends to drag on in spots. If the downloads were smaller I think it might build a larger audience as well. I'd cut the episodes down to an hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                                Yes you can buy the DVD but the quality will only be the same as the downloads. The show is presented in 320 x 252 (I'll have to check that) resolution which is the standard for normal TV. This makes it look small on a PC screen that runs in 1024x768 or higher but you can always change to full screen mode

To get all the shows so far (1 to 10 plus specials) will take 2 DVDs if I keep them in AVI format. however if I convert them to DVD format they will probably take up 5 DVDs I'm not really sure since I normally just keep the files in AVI format.

Yakumo
                                HOW MUCH WOULD THE 5 DVD'S SET ME BACK??????

Comment

Working...
                                X