No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo did you ever get or play deadly skies on the dreamcast, couldn't find any information on your website, unless its named differently in japan. i picked it up the other day, its absolutly hideous. it looks like its an n64 port, although looking alot worse. jesus, its nasty. dont know if the gameplay is bad, i couldn't get past the horrible visuals. i think i got ripped off, gamestation sold it to me for a tenner!

Comment

It's called Airforce Delta in Japan. It's not that bad to be honest. I liked it when it first came out but yeah, it is wank for a DC game. Bloody Konami !

Yakumo

Comment

The music during the Shutoko Battle sounded an awful lot like Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 . Just curious, but what's the music like in Shutoko Battle?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueNocturne
          The music during the Shutoko Battle sounded an awful lot like Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 . Just curious, but what's the music like in Shutoko Battle?
          the powers of CD audio editing The real music in Shutoko Battle is crap. There's only one decent tune in it. So I made a CDR copy of my original and replaced all the audio track with ones from Maximum Tune 2.

Yakumo

Comment

Retro Core 22 is now available from www.archive.org for all those who would like to grab it before the official release date of July 10th (and save on stress to my FTP ) It only went up about 15 hours ago but it looks as if 9 people have already downloaded it.

Featured this month are the following

Originally posted by Retro Core 22
            Just which is the best home conversion of Daytona USA for a Sega platform? Need to know? Want to know? well, if you do then you're in luck with this months special feature. That plus much more.

Famicom - Chiki Chiki Machine Mou Race (Whacky Racers)

Super Famicom - Ninja Warriors Again

Super Famicom - Race Drivin' (****e of the month)

Master System - Makai Retsuden

Master System - Pacmania

GameBoy Colour - Street Fighter Alpha

Neo Geo - Cross Swords

Mega Drive - Aero Blasters

Saturn - Elevator Action Returns (Game of the month)

Saturn - Dragonball Z

Dreamcast - es

Dreamcast - Dead or Alive 2

Dreamcast - Gun Valkyrie (What ever happened to...)

Daytona USA Special
            Yakumo

Comment

If you watch the FF7 advert in this months always awesome retrocore it's almost identical to the adverts Microsoft have shown for Blue Dragon for 360. Designers hanging over workstations.

Cheeky bastards...

Comment

nice one, btw that Crossed Swords II was a Neo Geo CD exclusive

Comment

Good stuff, as usual. You've covered EAR in some depth before, though! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                    nice one, btw that Crossed Swords II was a Neo Geo CD exclusive
                    Ah, that would explain why I'Ve never heard the none CD version's OST then

Originally posted by Klatrymadon
                    Good stuff, as usual. You've covered EAR in some depth before, though! :P
                    Yeah, that was on the Saturn Shooting Special so I decided to add it to the normal show.

Yakumo

Comment

Would be intrested in seeing the DC version of gun valkirie

Considering the almost finger breaking controls of the xbox version i would have liked to see how they would have done it

Comment

Excellent episode. Recognized the Panzer Drgaoon music in the Gun Valkyrie part. It looked very impressive on Dreamcast.. I wonder why Smilebit chose to hold it off for the Xbox. The Xbox controls did offer some depth, I thought. Unfortunately, when I had originally played it, I was using the awful, original American Xbox controller which was much larger than the S controller.
                        Last edited by BlueNocturne; 10-07-2006, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueNocturne
                          Excellent episode. Recognized the Panzer Drgaoon music in the Gun Valkyrie part. It looked very impressive on Dreamcast.. I wonder why Smilebit chose to hold it off for the Xbox. The Xbox controls did offer some depth, I thought. Unfortunately, when I had originally played it, I was using the awful, original American Xbox controller which was much larger than the S controller.
                          That is hand breaking

Comment

Retro Core Volume 23 DVD out now. Download version coming August 10th

Retro Core gets a new look with a brand new opening and ending sequence plus a different "Coming up" sequence as well. Not only do we have the new look but a whole host of top quality games for you. Seventeen titles in total including our very first PAL Dreamcast game feature.

Neo Geo - Neo Driftout

Super Famicom - Hebereke No Popun

Super Famicom - Wild Guns (Game of the month)

Super Famicom - Dirt Racer (What ever happened to.....)

Saturn - Dungeons & Dragons collection

Saturn - Jungle Rhythm

Saturn - Time Gal & Ninja Hayate

Saturn - Gun Griffon (CG Intro only)

Dreamcast - Head Hunter

Dreamcast - Suchie Pai Doki Doki Nightmare

Dreamcast - Virtua Fighter History

Arcade - The Simpsons

Famicom - Max Warrior

Famicom - Mighty Final Fight

X68000 - Chase H.Q. (****e of the month)

PC Engine - Super Star Soldier

Mega Drive - Marvel Land

Yakumo

Comment

Looking good.

I best get my skates on and finish watching 22.

P.S> Yakumo, I'm not sure if I've asked this before but do you offer a subscription service? IE: Pay a one-off fee and get the DVD delivered every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                                Looking good.

I best get my skates on and finish watching 22.

P.S> Yakumo, I'm not sure if I've asked this before but do you offer a subscription service? IE: Pay a one-off fee and get the DVD delivered every month.
                                Yes, I do but have never made it public for some reason. I should put it up on my site. I have a few people who paid just one off payments for a DVD to be sent out every month for 6 months (I don't really want to do a yearly subscription). The cost is 40 pounds (2 DVDs for free). The DVDs are sent about 2 weeks before the download is available so you should receive the DVD 1 week before anyone else sees the download version. DVDs are region free as well.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X