Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo
    You know, I haven't seen a boxed minty ore even a cart of Ghost Sweeper Mikami is a very long time. I'd say it was quite a rare one these days
    Yakumo
    There's one on ebay at the moment. Boxed, okay condition for $30 USD.

Hey. Not really a retrocore question but I figured you might know. The Japanese Super Famicom Jnr, Ive been told that it doesnt support s-video. Is this true?

Yeah. Ive given up on Wild Guns (SFC). There's a cart only for $35 USD but Im a big fan of packaging. While we're talking Natsume - is pOckky & Rocky worthy of attention? If yes which one - original or sequal?

And Yakumo - you chased down a copy of Ninja Cop (GBA) yet? That game deserves some recognition. Wack it on your show. The GBA is about as dead as the DC was a few years back (ie a trickle of support but everyone's moved on).

Comment

Originally posted by craptest
      There's one on ebay at the moment. Boxed, okay condition for $30 USD.

Hey. Not really a retrocore question but I figured you might know. The Japanese Super Famicom Jnr, Ive been told that it doesnt support s-video. Is this true?
      Yeah, I heard it's got no RGB support but don't quote me on that since I own an original Super Famicom.

Yeah. Ive given up on Wild Guns (SFC). There's a cart only for $35 USD but Im a big fan of packaging. While we're talking Natsume - is pOckky & Rocky worthy of attention? If yes which one - original or sequal?
      If it's Pocky & Rocky then no but if it's the Japanese version called Kikikaikai then yes Personally I think the first game looks nicer with more little details here and there but both games are fantastic to play. Probably I'd side with the first. Funny thing you should mention Kikikaikai because I just downloaded the original arcade version for my mobile phone.

And Yakumo - you chased down a copy of Ninja Cop (GBA) yet? That game deserves some recognition. Wack it on your show. The GBA is about as dead as the DC was a few years back (ie a trickle of support but everyone's moved on).
      Hmm, Ninja Cop? I may start to do some GBA stuff but first I'll have to track down a GBA to TV converter or buy a game Cube with the GBA player which I don't really want to do due to no space (yeah I know it's small but the Revol..... sorry the Wii is coming soon.)

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
        Hmm, Ninja Cop? I may start to do some GBA stuff but first I'll have to track down a GBA to TV converter or buy a game Cube with the GBA player which I don't really want to do due to no space (yeah I know it's small but the Revol..... sorry the Wii is coming soon.)
        Yakumo
        You could use emulators.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
          You could use emulators.
          yeah, I could but then I'd have to search for a ROM which I can't be arsed doing

Yakumo

Comment

I second this. I just bought a sealed copy of Ninja Five-0 (the US version) from ebay (the guy had several, although a bit pricey at about 19 quid inc. postage). I'm loving this game. I'm playing on easy (I know, and yet it's still a decent challenge). The mechanics are spot on.

Comment

It feels decidedly old school doesnt it. Why cant konami make more game like that (fact noone bought it probably explays why they cant make more games like that )

I too got the US version, Ninja Five-O. Terrible boxart.

Downloaded Retrocore #21. Very pleased with the smaller file size. Didnt seemed to be much loss in detail.

Was Out of this World / Another World released on the SFC or was that the SNES version?
              Last edited by craptest; 04-06-2006, 13:14.

Comment

I've just downloaded RC21 at work but neither Windows Media Player or Quicktime will play it. Do I need some kind of codec? If so, which one?

Comment

I've just downloaded RC21 at work but neither Windows Media Player or Quicktime will play it. Do I need some kind of codec? If so, which one?
                  You need the divX codec. Windows media player should download the required codec automatically. If not just google for it.

Comment

Cheers mate. It's been so long since I had to download a codec that I forgot what to do. Gonna get this watched now while all the customers are watching the Snore Cup.

Comment

Yeah, you'll need the latest version of the XVid codec. The quality of the new show is much better than others with a tinny file size The file will play in any media player running on widnows. No idea about Mac ort other PC OS though.

Yakumo

Comment

Got it running now. Just watched the Dynamite Headdy review and it's got me wishing I was a home so I could have a play.

Comment

Another great episode, thanks Yakumo!

Those Gundam games surprised me by looking rather good. I may pick up the Saturn one to get more action out of the Twin Sticks.

Comment

Yeah, the Gundam side story series is actually pretty good. I was well surprised when I first played them about 8 years ago.

Here's two screen grabs taken from the DVD video of Retro Core.

Yakumo

Comment

Just one question: Are 1 and 2 as good as 3 and do they all support the Twin Sticks?

I guess that's two questions actually.

Comment

Just one question: Are 1 and 2 as good as 3 and do they all support the Twin Sticks?

I guess that's two questions actually.
                                Yeah, they are all pretty good. The games all continue from each other in the story as well. And yep, they all work with the twin sticks. I actually have a set of all three for sale if you're interested.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X