Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo
    if you can post a short clip from DVD rip on your ftp server I will get 12 volume set off you after checking it myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Mofoman
      A high Retro core score for the picture quality then???
      We'll give it the Retro Core Score of 10 !! Get it now, yu won't be dissapointed

dj898, I made a mistake, it's Retro Core 11 not 12 12 won't be here until September. What I'll do when I get home is add a small clip of Asuka 120% Limited so you can see the quality as long as I haven't deleted the RGB avi files which I think I did. In that case I'll just stick the whole Asuka 120% MPEG 2 file up which is about 300 odd meg I don't have software that can cut and save back to MPEG2 without re-encoding, which I don't want to do because it will lose quality. I always work in raw RGB avi.

Yakumo

Comment

sounds good mate!
        yep way to go with RGB avi if you can afford the space...

I have our honeymoon avi on the separate HDD for editing - yes after all these years I'm still mucking about...

Comment

Retro Core Volume 11 is available now on DVD !! 3.8gigs of gaming goodness plus the destruction of the PSX which is pretty funny. I couldn't stop laughing at parts of it when I was doing the editing.

The DVD comes in a standard CD style case with front and back covers plus a little inleaf explaining about the show.

The cost of the DVD including postage is 9 pounds or 15.60 US dollars. Please state whether you'd like DVDR- or DVDR+ since some DVD players don't like one or the other.

I can only accept Paypal payments though. PM me for the Paypal account.

Yakumo

Comment

Here's a few pictures from the introduction to the "Death of the PSX" section that was filmed the other day. These shots are ripped from the DVD version then saved as 60% quality jpegs.

This poor chap gets beat to hell but still doesn't break in to many pieces. Needless to say it was dead before I smashed it. Mr. PSX tries his hand at flying, driving, swimming, skiing and footie

Yakumo
            Last edited by Yakumo; 26-07-2005, 15:01.

Comment

Yakumo
              finally had time to play DVD edition on my setup...
              looks very nice indeed - far better than d/l version and I'd recommend anyone to get DVD version if you can afford...

few suggestion though if you don't mind Yakumo.
              think it'd better if you make the main menu simple - i.e. Play All, Chapters, Misc should be suffice.

Under the chapters if youcan list each chapter in text list that will be more easier to navigate. many DVD players have poor response to the remote input and moving around the windows does take time. Listing them in single page would be far better imo.

also don't think intro and crdit needed to be main menu...

just suggestion really...

Comment

Thanks for your comments dj898. Yeah, originally I wanted to have a separate chapter screen but Nero Vision Express doesn't allow it or at least not that I can see. If you know how to do this on vision express please let me know.

As the DVD is at the moment, if you just press play on the first chapter then it will play the whole volume in one go just like the Play Movie feature on other DVDs. By the way, how did it look on your Plasma TV? Looks pretty good on my normal CRT but I wondered if it would look dirty on a whopping big screen.

Yakumo

Comment

I'm still amazed you managed to film in the 30 yen arcade in Kokura without getting glared at. They used to practically queue up to viciously cane me at street fighter alpha 3 on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

I did get quite a few odd looks to be honest but you don't really see them on the video. I did a bit of filming in Sega World two weeks ago for Volume 12 but got kicked out or told to stop filming after a few minutes. Got some nice footage though. I'll head on over to the other Sega world on Sunday to film there. That one isn't half as nice but it should be easier to film due to the big size of the place.

By the way, Retro Core Vol.11 is now available for download and it's under 400 meg.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                      Thanks for your comments dj898. Yeah, originally I wanted to have a separate chapter screen but Nero Vision Express doesn't allow it or at least not that I can see. If you know how to do this on vision express please let me know.
                      Haven't had much time to play around.
                      will have a look what it can and cannot do...

Originally posted by Yakumo
                      As the DVD is at the moment, if you just press play on the first chapter then it will play the whole volume in one go just like the Play Movie feature on other DVDs. By the way, how did it look on your Plasma TV? Looks pretty good on my normal CRT but I wondered if it would look dirty on a whopping big screen.

Yakumo
                      On PDP it looks bloody fabulous mate. Sure it's bit stretched since the screen being 16:9 ratio but it doesn't really that bad and the PQ is several steps above the normal d/l version. And for the borders sure there were few but I hardly noticed anyway...

cheers

Comment

just a quick notice to let you know that Retro Core Volume 11 is now available from http://www.archive.org/ Just type Retro Core in to the search box under Moving Pictures. You can also find all the other Retro Cores there. Download speeds from http://www.archive.org/ will be much faster than my FTP. URL and FTP downloads are available from http://www.archive.org/

Yakumo

Comment

Oooh, coryoon. Where's my BB

Comment

Retro Core Volume 12 is now available to buy on DVD !! The download version will be available from September 10th. The DVD version also comes with a Segata Sanshiro CM collection DVD which also includes the making of the Christmas add, Dreamcast tech demo shown at the launch party in japan and the D2 World Premier footage as well other cool stuff.

Yakumo

Comment

To celebrate 1 year of Retro Core I'll be making 3 specials ! You already know that 2 of them are coming late September and early October which will be the Tokyo Game Show 2005 and Akihabara specials but what you don't know is that there will be one more special coming on September 10th along with Retro Core Volume : 12. What could that third special be? Hmm, well let's just say that the Sega Saturn Shooting Special was extremely popular with over 500 downloads from my FTP, God only knows how many downloads via Bit Torrent and an unbelievable 1,697 downloads from http://www.archive.org/ so that may give you some sort of idea. Needless to say it will be available for download and nice high resolution DVD.

Yakumo

Comment

Retro Core Volume 12 is now available for download via FTP (http://www.segagagadomain.com/retrocore.htm ) and URL (http://www.archive.org ) just type Retro Core 12 in the search box.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X