Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG

That new intro kicks ass, love the EA dig keep getting as many of them in as you can (thumbs up).

Although i will be sad to se the old one go this one more than makes up for it.

Comment

I still don't like that JSRF typeface!
      Not nearly retro enough!!

Comment

psp goes retro , perfect for lunch breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley
          psp goes retro , perfect for lunch breaks.
          Now that's cool

Yakumo

Comment

eeeeeeeeek

I've only just checked out this thread

retro-core is superb, kudos Yakumo, kudos

I wonder, what does MD make of Retro Core.............

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
              eeeeeeeeek

I've only just checked out this thread

retro-core is superb, kudos Yakumo, kudos

I wonder, what does MD make of Retro Core.............
              Agreed I love it, for the second part best not to ask that topic has had two threads locked ssshhhh

Comment

Only recently jumped on the Retro Core bandwagon and it's been an enjoyable ride so far. Opened my eyes to a number of titles I'd overlooked. Commentaries are funny and informative.

Props to Yakumo for a fine peice of work.

Comment

I finally got Volume 4 to download properly today but the sound quality is awful. Even if I turn the speakers and the software volume all the way up the sound is still impossibly quiet.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Volume 5 in now available

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                      I finally got Volume 4 to download properly today but the sound quality is awful. Even if I turn the speakers and the software volume all the way up the sound is still impossibly quiet.

Any suggestions?
                      Turns out I need new speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                        Turns out I need new speakers.
                        That's a bummber mate. I need new speakers too. The left one keeps cutting out all the time. Bloody annoying I can tell you that much.

yakumo

Comment

Just watched Vol. 5, not bad After seeing the 32X special it seems pretty clear why it wasn't too successful, hehe... can't say any of the games on that appealed to me.

Also, after hearing the (in my opinion) awful sound from some titles, it reminded me why I preferred the SNES over the MD. Gameplay is most important of course, graphics i'm generally not fussed about... but if the sound effects/music are ****e then I find I often lose interest very quickly. The SNES produced some much nicer sounds and tunes imo...

The same is true for me today with new games... kinda weird I guess, but that's just how I am. Can't stand games that have ****e soundtracks (*cough* EA).

Comment

I liked the feature on Wonder Project J. It's a game I already own but I haven't got round to trying the translated rom yet.

About your 32X feature - I'd say you're a bit harsh on Kolibri but agree about most of the games being a waste of time. Blackthorne for example is even worse than the original versions, the prerendered characters are utterly charmless... not a bad Prince of Persia/Flashback style game otherwise.
                            BTW I think Star Wars 32X was a conversion by a western team.
                            Last edited by mezzanine; 02-02-2005, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine
                              About your 32X feature - I'd say you're a bit harsh on Kolibri but agree about most of the games being a waste of time. Blackthorne for example is even worse than the original versions, the prerendered characters are utterly charmless... not a bad Prince of Persia/Flashback style game otherwise.
                              BTW I think Star Wars 32X was a conversion by a western team.
                              Yeah, I may have been a bit harsh on Kolibri but that's because it was hyped to **** when it was released. I never knew that the 32X Starwars Arcade conversion was buy a western team. Looks like it'S true when people say you learn something new everyday.

Yakumo

Comment

Kolibri is the best humming bird shooter in the history of man...

Comment

Working...
                                X