Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning to make a custom RGB harness that hooks up to the expansion slot with some breadboard as a side thing to do. Should be fun at least.

Not to mention PC Engine composite is great and my monitor is ace as scaling.

Comment

What's the difference between the Core II and the original PC Engine?

Comment

PC Engine has RF only, Core II has an AV socket for composite. I got the Core II as regular PC-E go a funny colour eventually.

I'm unfamiliar with the differences between the Core I and the Core II though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          PC Engine has RF only, Core II has an AV socket for composite. I got the Core II as regular PC-E go a funny colour eventually.

I'm unfamiliar with the differences between the Core I and the Core II though.
          There aren't any, just the casing. And I think I know what that certain game is that you're after................

Comment

I figured as much. lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I'm planning to make a custom RGB harness that hooks up to the expansion slot with some breadboard as a side thing to do. Should be fun at least.

Not to mention PC Engine composite is great and my monitor is ace as scaling.
              Is this the U2410 you're referring to? Would be interested in your experiences of using analogue connections on the unit to see if they've improved.

Comment

It is the U2410 yes.

I was playing about with MagicEngine yesterday and fullscreened it at 640x480 - it looked amazing. I'll let you know how analog composite looks though.

I know it's an emulator an all, but my older LCDs have never scaled this well.

Last edited by speedlolita; 07-08-2012, 14:35.

Comment

Thanks. I found component to be quite poor on the monitor so I didn't even bother trying composite before sending it back. RE: DC looked like an animated mosaic via component, sadly. The digital connections were absolutely lush, though. You're tempting me back into buying one again, the 1:1 pixel mapping was absolutely fantastic for PC games.

Comment

Not to mention I could set the picture in picture mode and have PC Engine running in a small window while using my desktop normally.

Comment

Gaaah, I'm going to have to buy it back now. I used PiP when I was farming for boxes/deathmatching in Lost Planet 2 and watching YouTube at the same time.

This turned out to be an expensive conversation.

Comment

Hehe. You can get a new A10 revision U2410 for about ?300 on eBay. 3 year warranty with Dell.

I got mine for ?230 used from some dude, it's an A00 but I upgraded the firmware to A01.

Definitely only gonna buy Ultrasharp from now on. May even get a U3011 when the 2013 models come out.

Comment

Cotton Rainbow and L.O.L. from Super Potato Osaka. Can't wait to get to the main branch in Tokyo: I'll definitely get a Famicon Twin or a Famicon+Disk System if they have one in good conditions...and an other baggage for the retunr flight!

Comment

Lack of Love is a rather strange game indeed. Nice get!

Comment

Couple of recent additions to my PSO collection. The JPN Xbox version, the GC Trilogy boxset an the Bandai RAcaseal figure are all new - the DC Trial I got last year some time. Thought I ought to put this stuff on display rather than just hiding it away in a box.

The Trilogy Boxset is lovely, though I'd forgotten how petite the GC JPN boxes are when I opened the package!

Comment

Nice review of L.O.L. here:

A review of the 2000 Dreamcast game L.O.L.: Lack of Love (Love-de-lic) by Robert Florence from Consolevania 2.8. Consolevania was a pioneering webshow from 2...

Looks really interesting, I'd never heard of it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X