Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a lovely tenner.

Comment

nice pick up man!!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Yeah I know. It's got analog screen control though and I can't locate a service manual. Will give it some trial and error tweaking when I
        a be bothered. Lol
        After finding a similar model's service manual I found what all the adjust knobs do on the component board and was able to tweak the image a little. Unfortunately I don't have a test field so I just used NAM-1975's game screen. Even if it's not perfect I can tweak it more later, although this seems to have helped a fair amount anyway. Dunno if the camera has picked up the image that well though.

CRT open: http://i.imgur.com/qGQv8.jpg

Tweaking result: http://i.imgur.com/fGaR9.jpg

Comment

How did you ground the TV? I understand the tubes hold static charge and are rather dangerous?

Comment

That's under the anode cap. Which can be seen on the left side of the tube there. I was simply adjusting some values on one of the chassis boards. Caps can be charged sure, nowhere near as much danger though. As long as you're careful, respect the anode and have some idea what you're doing it's not that hard. Stupidity/courage helps too.

Grounding to the tube's frame tends to be okay from what I've seen on YT too. Screwdriver under the anode, connected to the tube's frame and your other arm placed behind you. Yet to do it myself but sooner or later I'll have to on my Commodore monitor I imagine. Leaving the monitor off a day or a week is a good idea or so I've read. Definitely would do if I was poking around the anode.

You wouldn't normally have to do this with a regular CRT luckily.

Comment

Some old and new games for the Gameboy (I think Revenge of the Gator was the first GB game I ever played after Tetris) plus the Famicom version of Trojan.

Comment

Minty Super Mario Land 2. Lovely.

Comment

Woah! Nice selection there. Mario Land 2 boxart is sublime. Heiankyo Alien has always freaked me out.

How much did Trip World set you back?

Comment

Stunning Gameboy games!

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                      How much did Trip World set you back?
                      ?33 delivered and I got some other random worthless carts with it (apart from a Yoshi's Island GBA with a slightly faded label).

I'd still like a boxed JP copy though
                      Last edited by mezzanine; 30-10-2012, 14:28.

Comment

That was a pretty good deal then. Trip World isn't TOO rare in Japan. Of course you'd have to buy it IN Japan to take advantage of that - get a Japanese copy on ebay and the plebs will bid it up to stupid amounts, no doubt.

Comment

Seriously, who puts boxes IN JIFFY BAGS :fume:

Flattening the box under some books now.

Comment

Not really a new purchase but an update of a recent one.

Sprayed the bottom of one of my Dreamcasts for an all black look. What do you think?

Comment

All black is much better.

Kryss, iron the box, it really works!

Comment

Slightly disformed adds character

Comment

Working...
                                X