Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
    Slightly disformed adds character
    Is that what you tell all of the girls?

Comment

Not a new pick up the scanline gadget, but the outer casing is. Think it looks well, as hamfisted as I am I managed not to break it!

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
        Not a new pick up the scanline gadget, but the outer casing is. Think it looks well, as hamfisted as I am I managed not to break it!

Is that the SLG-3000 mate?

Comment

Think it's similar to/based on it, mmmonkey built it, works a treat on pce, md, sfc and neo-geo

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
            Think it's similar to/based on it, mmmonkey built it, works a treat on pce, md, sfc and neo-geo
            Well I was just about to buy the SLG today.. but if this is in anyway better, cheaper or fits my needs better, ill get IT instead! Any more info would be appreciated

Comment

It's not a SLG. It's this thing.

Unless Pete has modified it, it's just a simple upscaler and doesn't have support for scanlines.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and get an XRGB..

Or a CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by nem View Post
                  It's not a SLG. It's this thing.

Unless Pete has modified it, it's just a simple upscaler and doesn't have support for scanlines.
                  Yeah he modified it to output scanlines...

Of course its no match for an XRGB but probably cost a tenth of the price.. Nor is it as good as a CRT but then again what is...

But for me its ideal I can hook any of my retro consoles up to my Samsung lcd in the living room and get a nice picture...

Not the best example but its very good in the flesh

Last edited by chojin; 02-11-2012, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Or a CRT.
                    +1

XRGB Mini/3 and the BVM-20F1 have been a bit special. Loving them!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Or a CRT.
                      How is getting a CRT going to help me get scanlines out of my 360 or ps3 though?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                        How is getting a CRT going to help me get scanlines out of my 360 or ps3 though?
                        the plot thickens.. this is the retro section.. away with your new fangled consoles

Comment

RGB SCART.

Comment

But I am talking about RETRO ports of games!! As for RGB scart.. what do you mean?

If i play sonic 3,comix zone or megaman 9 on the 360.. on a crt with an RGB scart.. it will display scanlines? Im pretty sure it will still be 480i with no visible scanlines

Comment

it will display scanlines as your sending the same source as you would do normally... But PORTS! Pffft...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                                it will display scanlines as your sending the same source as you would do normally... But PORTS! Pffft...
                                Megaman 9 is no port.. But yeah.. native scanlines from the 360?? PICTURES OR IT NEVER HAPPENED

Comment

Working...
                                X