Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I sold my PC-Engine collection I badly timed one batch of auctions to end at something daft like half nine on a wednesday morning, and they all ended much lower than their value. This was one of them, city hunter, which I had to let go for something daft like ?6. Was pleased this week when someone made the same error, and I won it for.................?4.60!

Also picked up Kiki kaikai at a nice price.

Comment

Just don't sell them this time! Nice pickups.

Comment

No intention of selling up again right now, though I do already have a LOT of doubles I need to shift as well as some extra systems. Surprise, surprise...........

Comment

I look forward to the sales thread.

Comment

City Hunter is one of my fave PCE games. Great music too! Shame it can be completed in an hour or so

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              How does the F-Zero X speedo read a lower speed?
              Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
              Well maybe they changed the speedometer in the PAL version to account for the lower speed of the game.
              The ships of course don't move any faster/slower in one version than in the other, as many people seem to get confused - it's exactly the same. In the NTSC versions, the speedometer is in KM/H, in the PAL version it's in MPH. Nintendo didn't just replace the unit, the speed of the ships (from KM/H to MPH) is also converted accordingly. So if you hit 1500MPH in PAL F-Zero X, you'd see it as 2400KM/H in the NTSC ver. if you were suddenly able to switch mid-game.

However, what is important to know is that the PAL version does run slower (17.5%? Probably about that), and has borders. Which is why danstan21 noticed his JP F-Zero X feels so smooth and fast. I remember noticing exactly the same thing

Comment

Picked up these two in Akihabara last week for 80p each, there are still some bargains to be had there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  The ships of course don't move any faster/slower in one version than in the other, as many people seem to get confused - it's exactly the same. In the NTSC versions, the speedometer is in KM/H, in the PAL version it's in MPH. Nintendo didn't just replace the unit, the speed of the ships (from KM/H to MPH) is also converted accordingly. So if you hit 1500MPH in PAL F-Zero X, you'd see it as 2400KM/H in the NTSC ver. if you were suddenly able to switch mid-game.

However, what is important to know is that the PAL version does run slower (17.5%? Probably about that), and has borders. Which is why danstan21 noticed his JP F-Zero X feels so smooth and fast. I remember noticing exactly the same thing
                  Errr, both NTSC and PAL are in km/h.

Comment

In for a fiver. Always wanted to play it and it is good fun!

Comment

Came home to a nice big box of goodies tonight........

Comment

Re: Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Are they all cards or are some of CDs?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                          Came home to a nice big box of goodies tonight........

Some seriously smooth titles.

/well jel

Comment

All HuCards QC, 2 or three of them are replacing titles I already have that are a little rough. All came in one bundle, and pretty much all mint, well pleased.

Comment

Very nice bunch of games. I missed the Terra Cresta you were selling last time you had a PC Engine sale here. I followed an auction for it on eBay that ended yesterday at ?86! There are some crazy prices around right now. The same seller also got rid of Tatsujin (?95) and Coryoon (?136)...

Comment

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Don't suppose the Ninja Spirits (I think that's what it's called...) is a dupe?

Comment

Working...
                                X