Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasp, you must me punished for dissing the geppy x game.

(Transmits coordinates of SharkSkin-Man's house to geppy x)

GEPPY BEEEEEEEEEEEMU

Comment

hahahahahaha, sounds cheesily good.

probably not something i'd spend my money on though ^__^;

Comment

Just purchased Darkstalkers and Street Fighter Alpha - Warrior's Dreams on the PSOne in a Capcom-fighters moment of madness - off amazon when I was on there looking for something else (!) - ?19 for the pair. Happy with that.

Comment

I adore the PSX version of Darkstalkers. Played it to death. The Saturn version is better but when it came out I didn't have a Saturn! I love the music to tiny bits. Enjoy, mate.

Comment

Darkstalkers never came out on Saturn...

Comment

If Duddy says it is good then I am in for a treat. At the moment I am loving Vampire Chronicle on the DC, and Capcom in general.

I thought there were two or three Vampire/Darkstalkers games or spinoffs on the Saturn, Shark-skin. Maybe just no conversion of the original game.

Comment

Darkstalker's Revenge, then.

Comment

Darkstalkers never came out on Saturn...
                  Darkstalkers did come out on the Saturn - as Darkstalkers Revenge. Ok, so it was slightly updated from the PSX version but they were both released in the UK at the same time so I tend to bracket them together.

Comment

Slightly updated? It's a different game.

Comment

There're a couple of different Revenge games as well, though I can't remember which one is which.

Comment

Just found out that they are releasing a compilation of all of the early Vampire/Darkstalkers games on PS2 in May. Now I would buy that.

Won an ebay auction earlier for a copy of Castlevania: SOTN. Cost around ?19 for the US version including postage. Can finally find out whether it is any cop or not (I suspect that it is).

Comment

Slightly updated? It's a different game
                          How exactly? There are a couple of extra characters and that's about it. Aren't most of the backgrounds the same, and there are no additional moves if I recall? Aren't the bosses the same too? I'm struggling to see how it's wildly different from the original. It's not as big a facelift as say, Vampire Savior.

I recall CVG reviewed both versions together as they were so alike.

Comment

Well its a different game Duddy, with a different name, released at a different time. Yeah, its pretty samey but a 'slight update' makes it sound like a board revision or something.

Vampire/Darkstalkers was never ported to Saturn.
                            Vampire Hunter/Nightwarriors: DS Revenge was.

Comment

Fair enough. The two were released very close together in the UK, which is probably why I tend to think of them as similar titles. And the aforementioned CVG 'double review' probably coloured my judgement a bit. I only owned the Saturn version very briefly, and I have to admit that aside from a few cosmetic changes and the new characters, it felt like the same game. But then a lot of Capcom updates do!

Comment

package with these in turned up a couple of hours ago, so i decided to take a picture and post it in here;

gunbird 2 and street fighter alpha 3 on dreamcast. came to about ?12. haven't had a chance to try them out yet though D:

Comment

Working...
                                X