Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    OMGZ! *goes and buys up loads of a certain game for ?3*
    Dont flood the market, the value will drop very quickly.

Comment

I paid £110 for my FFS, but considering i paid £25 for Batman and robin and £45 for Sam Sho and £30ish for Marko's Magic Football sealed I think it all averages out pretty well.

hands down WCS2 blue version is the rarest and (barring one easy to get game) is the only blue MD im missing. Adam, you do not have a copy do you? You would surely have thrown that one "all up in ma face!"

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama View Post
        Yowsers. I think he must be desperate to fill the last few holes in his PAL MCD collection .. he paid way over the odds for this too:

Comment

To Put The Arguement to Rest!

It's got to be between WSC2, Separation anxiety, Death superman.

Comment

Ahh but people will say things like what about "Demolition Man" Adam? I think this very thread proves that its not that easy. Although it's clearly WCS2, Dragonball Z and Champions World Class Soccer ALL BLUE VERSIONS.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog View Post
              To Put The Arguement to Rest!

It's got to be between WSC2, Separation anxiety, Death superman.
              Separation Anxiety is on eBay every 2/3 months - it's a tough one to find, but some way from the rarest. Demolition Man is a toughie too, but can be had relatively cheaply when it does show up.
              Death & Return is among the top few, but the blue World Champ Soccer 2 is far & away the rarest "normal" release - there's only been 3 copies on eBay in the last 4-5 years, whereas Death & Return shows up at least a couple of times a year.
              Hell, there's been more copies of DarXide, 32X Primal Rage or MCD Batman & Robin than there have blue World Champ Soccer 2's...

And though Gary may argue otherwise, I don't personally see the blue Champions World Class Soccer & Dragonball Z as being on the same level since they're just Portuguese variants, albeit very rare ones.
              Last edited by anagrama; 14-10-2007, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182 View Post
                Ahh but people will say things like what about "Demolition Man" Adam? I think this very thread proves that its not that easy. Although it's clearly WCS2, Dragonball Z and Champions World Class Soccer ALL BLUE VERSIONS.

Gary
                I forgot all about Dragonball Z and that Champions world class soccer (blue version)

To put it to rest

World Class Soccer (blue version) IS RAREST PAL.

Comment

It depends on exactly what your criteria for "rarest PAL Megadrive game" is though. Here's my take on it:

Hardest game to get hold of: (probably) Death & Return of Superman
                  Rarest "original" release (ie, not Sega Classics version or other reissue/variant): World Championship Soccer 2
                  Rarest cover variant: Portuguese Champions World Class Soccer (possibly debatable)

Comment

I also think that World Class Soccer (blue version) IS THE RAREST PAL GAME.

And I will add Dragon Ball Z (BLUE COVER VERSION) to the portuguese rarest list.

Comment

I dont think lable variations should be included. The game is the same inside just a different inlay.

Comment

An interesting question .. I would tend to agree, but not everybody will. In a lot of ways, the US NES game Stadium Events is not really much more than a cover variant of Track and Field ... but that doesn't prevent it from being enormously rarer and more valuable. Again, a PAL Kizuna Encounter on the Neo Geo is a very similar beast.

In the end it's down to your personal goals. If you want to collect all the games for a certain system, and decide not to include label variants then fine. But you can't pretend that they don't exist, or that they may or may not be rarer/harder to find than other versions.

Comment

just remembered another PAL release

It was a german game... Had a footballer on front.

The UK PAL was of the 'fever pitch soccer'... Same game completely different cover

Comment

Mario Basler. Not that rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                              An interesting question .. I would tend to agree, but not everybody will. In a lot of ways, the US NES game Stadium Events is not really much more than a cover variant of Track and Field ... but that doesn't prevent it from being enormously rarer and more valuable. Again, a PAL Kizuna Encounter on the Neo Geo is a very similar beast.

In the end it's down to your personal goals. If you want to collect all the games for a certain system, and decide not to include label variants then fine. But you can't pretend that they don't exist, or that they may or may not be rarer/harder to find than other versions.
                              Euro Kizuna (there are no PAL Neo carts) is in a totally different ball park to Stadium Events.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It is really a matter of opinion. I mean some of the rarer games came really quickly and easier to me. In personal experience I wouldn't call Theme Park on the MCD rare, whereas other people would. I would call Starblade rare on MCD whereas other wouldn't.

Although i stand by my statement, WCS2 is my personal holy grail. It was Sonic Blast on gg until i paid an OBSCENE amount for it.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X