Wonderswan Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anephric
    Bid against me at your peril, Marklar! It's a SwanCrystal as well, btw... and in a colour I don't own
    Yeah, by WSC I meant WSCrystal Anyway, empty threats make me want it MORE

Comment

Just had a massive blast on Swan Colosseum - guys you all need to get this game, it's the most fun I've had on a handheld in ages!

Golden Axe on the other hand is a real let down. They lost the magic of the game in the conversion, it's just such a chore to play... ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
        Just had a massive blast on Swan Colosseum - guys you all need to get this game, it's the most fun I've had on a handheld in ages!
        Well, I'll try to get it soon
        I've not purchased it at first, because I have plenty of fighting games for another handheld (guess it? )

Golden Axe on the other hand is a real let down. They lost the magic of the game in the conversion, it's just such a chore to play... ft:
        This is a shame. I've already ordered it. Well hope I'll feel more comfortable with controls than you

Comment

I've not purchased it at first, because I have plenty of fighting games for another handheld (guess it? )
          Heh, I have a rough idea of which handheld you mean. Thing is, there's nothing on the NGPC that's like this.

This is a shame. I've already ordered it. Well hope I'll feel more comfortable with controls than you
          You never know, you might get on with it better than me. But over the years I've played Golden Axe more than any other game I can think of. I adore the game. This version just feels...wrong somehow. Ah well. It's still worth a quick blast here and there, I won't be getting rid of it.

Comment

Not least because it's pretty scarce and will prolly be worth more in years to come...

Comment

The ws is a good console but lacks a decent d-pad. thats what hurts it the most, best for puzzlers and rpg's

-ich will-

Comment

@Duddyroar: can you tell us a bit more what's good about Swan Colosseum? I'm tempted hearing you enthuse about it, but the screens didn't grab me...

re the control issue/holding the WSC: is it only me who holds onto the raised battery compartment with forefingers, and presses the keys and buttons with my thumbs? Because I find it a really comfortable handheld console to hold on to as a result - much more so that everything but the GBA SP. Mind you, I've got hands the size of a leprechaun's, so that might have something to do with it...

Comment

Oh, and has anyone got any decent English (or even Engrish will do) translations for the menus/options in GLOCAL HEXCITE or SLITHER LINK? The bits I've managed to work out mean they're both good fun, but I'm always pissed off that I'm missing another mode.

Comment

Here are first two menus from Hexcite:

Many kanji (ideograms) here. I'm unable to read them, sorry.

1st row: FREE (can't read kanji, but quite sure they're for "MODE" )
                    2nd row:HUTARIDE MODE (if the two kanji means "MODE")
                    3rd row: HEXA (unable to read the rest)
                    4th row: ARARA NO (NO in Japanese is like 'S in English) *Kanji+ME* PUZZLE
                    5th row: HELP

1st row: FREE *MODE* (title)
                    2nd row: LEVEL
                    3rd row: ROUND
                    unable to understand last two rows, sorry.

Comment

Here is main menu from Slither Link:

Unable to read first (Title) and second rows, sorry.

3rd: STAGE
                      4th: FREE
                      5th: OPTION

hope this help

Comment

...and since many here own this game, here is Rainbow Islands main menu:

1st row: RESUME
                        2nd row:TSUZUKIKARA (don't know exact meaning)
                        3rd row: HAJIMEKARA (don't know exact meaning, but this starts Main Game)
                        4th row: OPTION

Comment

@ Gabbi: you're a star, mate. Cheers.

Particularly since Rainbow Islands will be here this week.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon
                            Particularly since Rainbow Islands will be here this week.
                            So, here is second menu:

1st row: ITEM GET!
                            2nd row: ILLAST (stand for ILLUSTRATION) GET!
                            3rd row: unable to understand, sorry. but seems it allow you to enter kind o data, maybe a password? haven't played this game very much, so I can't say...

Learning KANAs (syllabic alphabets) is quite simple. It's expecially useful learning Katakana, that is used to write foreign (mainly English) words. So, while reading Hiragana give you Japanese word(s), being able to read Katakana allow you to actually understand what's written.
                            I.E. in the first Rainbow Island menu, 1st and 4th rows are written in Katakana, so I can understand them, 2nd and 3rd rows are written in Hiragana, I can read them, but I'm unable to understand what they mean without a dictionary.
                            Then there are Kanji (ideograms), and I'm unable to read them...
                            But just knowing Kanas allow you to figure out many options in game menus, to get an idea about controls looking at the manual, and to identify games just reading the spine. 8)
                            Last edited by Gabbi; 16-02-2005, 21:05.

Comment

Cheers again. I've been busy in photoshop.

btw, just came across this message, doing some research for something else: it's a nice summation of the machines and other hardware:

Comment

I recommened Wonderswan makaimura (Ghouls & Goblins) to everyone, its a great little conversion.
                                Has anyone played the Digimon Game that is available in English? I've played it on emulator but i haven't been able to pick it up here, as i think it was an Asian release.

Comment

Working...
                                X