Definitive Snes games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku
    All 4 ganbare goemon games, the sfc versions still reign supreme.
    Would you say every single one is an essential though?

Comment

SNES also got some ports of Amiga classics:

Turrican
      SWIV
      Cannon Fodder
      The Chaos Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
        SNES also got some ports of Amiga classics:

Turrican
        SWIV
        Cannon Fodder
        The Chaos Engine
        Were they better though... If they aren't they don't make my grade

Comment

IF you have them for the Amiga, then no. They're more or less the same.

Comment

Unirally! One of my fave games ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
              I remember Illusion of time being quite good. All the other games have better versions on other systems though, so I'm not interested in them
              Illusion of Time was the weakest in the trilogy - Soul Blazer and Terraenigma were much better.

FFVI was arguable the pinacle of the series - I certainly prefer it to any later installment (yes that includes VII!)

Comment

Super Punch-Out!!

I would love a new Punch-Out!! game for the GBA or DS (or Revolution, come to that).

Of course, if you're being fussy then you could argue a case for the arcade (or even the NES, if you're that way inclined*) instalments being superior, but for me the Super Famicom/SNES version is the best.

*An idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                  Unirally! One of my fave games ever.
                  Unirally is brilliant and excellent in two player.

Terranigma
                  Earthbound
                  Donkey Kong Country Series (1, 2 & 3)
                  Sim City
                  Turtles In Time
                  Super Tennis
                  F-Zero
                  Secret Of Evermore
                  Aero The Acrobat
                  Super Star Wars
                  Super The Empire Strikes Back
                  Super Return Of The Jedi
                  Killer Instinct
                  Pilotwings
                  Bart's Nightmare
                  Starwing
                  Zombies!
                  Mortal Kombat II
                  Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 (Prefer SNES pad to Mega Drive).
                  ISS Deluxe
                  Final Fantasy Series
                  Sunset Riders
                  Bomberman Series

Some of my faves anyway, that haven't been mentioned (I think).
                  Last edited by Miguel007; 09-05-2005, 22:21.

Comment

Shadowrun: I'm just putting this one in because I know if MD is reading he will be having some form of seizure concerning how the Mega CD version is better.

F-Zero: You know it makes sense, GX what?

S.O.S./Septentrion: Nice little game this, plays out a little bit like a 2D dress rehearsal for SOS: The Final Escape/Zette Zabby Whateverthe****/Disaster Report on PS2.

Tetris Battle Gaiden: I'll stick my neck out and say this is better than the Game Boy version of Tetris.

Prince Of Persia: The best version of the original game (for my money at least). Obviously, some of you may prefer that fancy new The Sands Of Time thingy, but hey...

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures: A bit of a guilty pleasure this one, but firing the catapult at our hero is always good, clean, sadistic fun (try it and you'll see what I mean).

Comment

Also,

Sanrio World Smash Ball: A nice little variant on air hockey (fans of Shufflepuck Cafe will like this one). I seem to recall Mean Machines (or was it Super Play?) going crazy about it.

Comment

Most of the classics have been mentioned- but here are a few people don't mention as much.

Plok: Brilliant innovative platformer with fantastic graphics!

Hagane: A really stylish scrolling action title- with exciting gameplay and tunes!

Pocky&Rocky( KikiKaiKai) 1&2: Excellent vertical shooter type game!

Cameltry: I love this unique puzzle game.

Tiny Toons Adventures: This game has it all- a must have!

Demons Crest: Capcom really delivered with this fantastically rich title.

Macross: One of a select few AAA shooters for the machine!

Magical Quest Mickey Mouse: Excellent graphics and fun gameplay!

Magic Sword: Not as good looking as the arcade- but still has the gameplay!

Sky Blazer: A really playable platformer with great graphics and brilliant sound!

Ninja Warriors: Not an amazing game- but a solid scrolling fighter all the same and one of my faves.

Sparkster: Some people say the MD version is the Daddy- but I really enjoy this game- and it has awesome graphics and sound!

Sunset Riders: A good conversion of the coin-op classic.

Comment

Whoa - Demon's Crest - ****ing superb title. WIll have to have a go on that.

The only thing I can think of not already mentioned would be the commendable (and very playable) Takara port of Fatal Fury Special. Jap version is cheap as chips and well worth it if you are collecting for ya snes.

Comment

Wildguns
                            Rock N roll racing
                            Batman Returns
                            Stut Race FX
                            Knights Of The Round
                            Captain Commando
                            Batman & Robin

Comment

Tinstar by Rare:

Comment

Working...