Post everytime you get a mint Jap Keitai Game. We want to know (^v^) :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post everytime you get a mint Jap Keitai Game. We want to know (^v^) :

There is alot of **** out there to download for our mobile phones here in Japan but also alot of playable classy stuff too. This thread is designed to share the knowledge.

Title: Wonderboy
    Maker: Sega
    Phone: Sony So506iC
    Network: docomo
    Site: Game Parade
    Katai URL: http://www.raritsuku.com/product/ind...d=NULLGWDOCOMO

A must for all Wonderboy fans, this version plays very very well and I am addicted. I even practice on this version before heading down to the arcade to play it proper. Great music, graphics and controls are the order of the day.

Last edited by JAPJAC; 23-05-2005, 08:38.

-=VODAFONE JAPAN=- Access to the link via the Vodafone live menu under games.

All games I have are running on the following.

PHONE = Sharp V603SH
    NETWORK = Vodafone (ONLY)
    GAME SERVERS = Vodafone Game Cafe / Sega Mobile / Namco Mobile / Taito Mobile / Square.Enix Keitai Club etc...
    GAME SOFTWARE = Mega V-Appli (Java Powered)
    GAME AUDIO = 40 Chord SMAF or MP4
    GRAPHICS = true 3D (No. of polygons unknown to me) multi layer 2D, Unknown colour disply (Screen is unlimited so to speak but no idea what the games use)

I recently got R-Type for my phone. It comes in 3 volumes which cost 580 yen each (Bloody rip off) still, it plays very well and even sounds just like the real thing. Here are a couple of screen grabs taken directly from my phone via the video out.

I also have House of the Dead (featured on Retro Core Vol:8 ) Kashira Moji D 3D Battle Plus / Initial D 3D Battle Plus which will feature on Retro Core Vol:9 and some pretty poo 3D golf game by Taito.

JAPJAC, what phone is that Wonderboy running on (I mean network) I wouldn't mind that for mine if it's available on Vodafone. I never saw it listed on Sega's download page though. Oh, maybe you should edit the title to this thread. You spelt ????????(Keitai) wrong

Yakumo

:EDIT: Never mind about the network question. Just noticed that the link you gave is for DoCoMo booooo.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 23-05-2005, 08:36.

Comment

Struggling through this at the mo, the graphics are pretty but the control is a little hard...

ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
        Struggling through this at the mo, the graphics are pretty but the control is a little hard...

http://www.capcom.co.jp/keitai/vodafone/devil.html
        Wow ! Very cool. I may have to download that myself. How much was it to download and is it really worth it as a game. I really wish there was some sort of Keitai games review magazine here in Japan.

Yakumo

Comment

525Y a month i think, pretty good although like i said the controls slow it down and it doesn't get as much play as my old fave "Sonic Billiards".

Comment

525 yen a month !! bit of a rip off that. The games that I have downloaded are one off payments. I might check out that Sonic Billiards though. Did you get it from Sega's game page?

Yakumo

Comment

Yeah that's the one. Actually i downloaded Pacman, and you have to continue to pay for that at 315Y a month, although you are free to download other retro namco games.

To be fair though, i only normally play them for around a month.

On my phone at the moment i have.

Metal Gear 1
              Puyo Puyo Fever
              Metal Slug
              Sonic Billiards
              Sonic Tennis
              Devil May Cray
              Mr Driller.

And yeah the sonic games are from the Sonic site, pretty cheap as well if i remember.

Comment

How is Metal Slug and where did you get that from? I think it could be done quite well on the newer mobiles after seeing R-Type.

Yakumo

Comment

Just on one of the Vodafone game sites, under action. It's really impressive actually, and has the same stages and bosses as the original.

What you got on yours mate..?

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
                    Just on one of the Vodafone game sites, under action. It's really impressive actually, and has the same stages and bosses as the original.

What you got on yours mate..?
                    Cool, I'll have to check that out ASAP.

On my phone I have the following.

House of the Dead - Actually very good and even has a motion sensor so you can scroll the screen by tipping the phone (only works on the new Sharp that I have or new Toshiba).

Initial D 3D Battle PLUS - At first I thought this was crap but after learning the control system it plays really well. Looks much better than many of the 3D racers on the Saturn and even PlayStation It will be on the next Retro Core.

R-Type - Plays great but you have to buy it in 3 volumes

Taito 3D Golf - pretty bad really. The control is way off plus has a mind of it's own.

Puyo Puyo Fever - not bad really.

I'm planing to get a few more but I'm afraid to download them just encase they turn out to be crap. That's why we need a mobile phone games magazine that's not published by the networks.

Yakumo

Comment

Thanks to tokyochojin's words I'm now the lucky owner of Metal Slug STG for the mobile. For a V-appli game it's very impressive !! Normally I only download the Mega appli stuff since I thought the normal v-appli games would be rather basic. how wrong I was. True they aren't as complex as the Mega-appli stuff but still worth getting. This brings me on to my idea. How about if all of use guys over here in Japan write short reviews of retro games for mobiles. that way we would know what's worth getting and what's not. Also post some pictures of the game if possible. I'll start with Initial D 3D Battle PLUS when I get home. Then I can add a few screen shots too. Not only will this help any people who download these games but also provide some interesting reading for others (I hope).

Yakumo

Comment

Is it possible for UK peeps, to download these?

Comment

Probably not since 90% of Japanese phones workin Japan only so I guess the service would only by available here too. Not to mention that western phones may not be compatable anyway unless they run Java stuff. They for sure won't run the Mega-appli stuff such as House of the Dead, Initial D, Rainbow Islands, Bio Hazard/Resident Evil (or is that normal V-appli?).

Yakumo

Comment

Yakumo, do u know if there is a New Zealand story for Vodafone, can't seem to find it...?
                            My mate has SFII on his docomo, but sadly it's not on Vodafone.ARSE

Comment

I've got:

Mr Driller

Puyo Puyo

Puyo Puyo seems to finish after just a few rounds though??

Comment

Working...
                              X