Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You little prick tease.

Can't wait for the pics

I can also recommend killer cabs. I got my chinese neo candy copy cab from Tony and he was unbelievably helpful.

Comment

Just been to pick up my cab. Needs a clean and have to move it into the best position in my garage but will have to do that after work. Pics tomorrow! Was switched on when I went to collect it, and the screen seems to be absolutely fine - it is clear and colourful. Cannot wait to try it.

Comment

Here it is! As I said before, it a'int as nice as the likes of Super Monkey Balls cab.

But you know what I like most about this cab? THE PRICE.

Had a few problems though. Any advice appreciated.

First of all, the bloke gave me a standard SF2 cab instead of one of the CE ones, so was mildly disappointed with that - and there are a few things that need sorting out (heeelp me) -

-the 2P start button isn't working
        - I need to replace the buttons at some point
        - at game over, there is no continue option
        - am not sure what sort of cab it is and what I can play on it, hence the pics of it's innards

Overall it works very well. the joystick is nice, and I was doing hadokens and dragon punches almost immediately! Cosmetically I will also be giving it an overhaul. Am getting a second cab on saturday, and have ordered a new board (Soul Edge), so need to make sure I know how to change them over!

Finally, does anyone know of a place near to Southampton that can carry out basic maintenance and suchlike on arcade cabs?

Comment

Few more pics

Comment

Buttons and sticks - www.ultimarc.com - ordered loads of bits from him and always good service.

Comment

And as for your continue, probably a dispswitch issue, have a read of this

Comment

Strange thing is while i liked playing arcade games i could never get the hang of joysticks no matter how much i practiced.Dragon punchs i really struggle with

Comment

Sorry for all the posts, It seems your Soul Edge board is a System 11 one, I'd do some research.

Have a look here and here.

(Hope some of this is helping )

Comment

Looks nice Sean, just needs a bit of TLC, keep the pics coming with your progress.
                    What size monitor is it by the way.

Comment

Christ knows - it is a decent size though.

Dipswitches - where the hell are they located? Can't find them anywhere.

Comment

The "no continue" issue sounds like a setting on the board. Cant remember if the original SF2 has dip switches or a service button, either of which should be on the board itself close to the jamma connector i reckon.

Comment

On the SF2 board, right? Will have a look. COuld it be on the underside of the board, perhaps? I have taken a pic of the actual board which appears above.

Comment

No, it should be on the top where all the components are.

You know what banks of dip switches look like right? They'll be like a blue or black block of really little white switches....

Comment

Right - I will check that out when I get home. Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

it could also just be a single switch that puts the board into service mode and displays the options on screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X