No announcement yet.

My arcade cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, I'm feeling all of that 'Super Nintendo SFII with Action Replay' love

Can you remember the one that made the player puke blood for the rest of the round once they took a particualry heavy punch to the face? :P

That reminds me, we need an 'Action Replay' topic sometime soon... only cartridge versions, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
      You can usually get this sort of effect by changing one or two memory parameters and seeing what happened so the chinese bootleggers did that, probably to get some sort of further attraction for operators to buy their boards, and Capcom eventually released SF2 Turbo with a few more balanced additions in response because a lot of arcade-goers were enjoying some of the modifications.
      Some of these bootlegs were pretty good, my favourite was very simple actually, it was just Champion Edition but sped up, and i mean quite severley sped up. It made for really exciting battles though and i'm sure this is what helped spawn SF2 Turbo. My friend still has the board actually and says he'll lend me it when/if i get a Jamma cab.

Comment

@ seany1979, got any pics of ya 2nd cab yet?? Thats the main reason i picked up a cab and mamed it, just cos there was too many boards i would want to get, and stoarge space etc. Least now i can have 1000s of games all in one cab, and not have to swap them over every time

Comment

fwiw World of Arcades has pdfs of the SFII manual in the S-section of their preservation archive, you'll be needing to flip A7, furthest left of the JAMMA connector to change to allowing continues (if you didnt already sort it).

Comment

I remember when streetfighter 2 turbo was released and everyone was harping on about how its much faster.An people playing on the insane speed levels.And to be honest i just never enjoyed playing it when it was running fast.I always liked a more sedate speed

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
              May be selling the second one at a later date. Where would be the best place to sell it?
              sell it!!!!!!

give it away in the for free section here you tight fekker

Comment

Update!

Have scored some new sticks and buttons for me cab - got two luuuurvely Sanwa sticks and eight new buttons (two red, two yellow, two blue and two green) and I have decided to set my cab up as a neo geo MVS, hence picking buttons that correspond with the colours on a neo pad. Managed to pick up an original SNK Art of Fighting top flash/marquee as well. All I need to get now is the motherboard and I am away!

Once it is all done then I will post some pics.

Also it looks like I have managed to get rid of the other cab - have sold it privately (i.e. to some bloke I met in the pub last night). The cash will be put to use almost immediately to get some more games and stuff like a Unibios chip.

Comment

the buttons that are now on your cab what size are they?

the only reason i ask is that once you remove the buttons on there the holes left may be too big to fit the buttons you brought.

sticks however shouldn't be too much of a problem

which buttons did you buy and what sanwa sticks??

Comment

Buttons are 30mm I believe, or certainly standard size. A mate is doing all the installation for me and reckoned they were the best ones. The Sanwa sticks are the ones currently on ebay for ?12.99 each - ball top ones, a bit like a DC stick really. they are originals as opposed to asian knock-offs.

Comment

That sounds cool, i'd like some of them for mine. Unfortunatly mines giving me a bit of grief with the monitor being all bizarre so i think i need someone in the know to come and look at it. Once i have that sussed then i'll get some sticks, buttons and an MVS 1-slot, if any ever appear on ebay.

Comment

I got sniped in the last 47 seconds the night before last on one in France - was an MVS 1-slot with Unibios chip - I bid up to 70 euros - it ended at 71 and there was nothing I could do about it as I was up the pub when the auction ended. Curse my borderline alcoholism!

Comment

SORTED! Scored an MVS 1-slot for fifty sheets, also picked up a cheap SVC Chaos cart. Now just need to get the joysticks and stuff installed and I am well and truly away. Come ON!!

Comment

Excellent! Sounds like you're having a blast doing this!

How much would you say it's cost you in total so far to get your current setup? I have a student loan payment due soon

Comment

Going to get a atomiswave board seany?

Comment

Oooh Atomiswave! Yeah, you should get one. Some great games for that *nods*

Comment

Working...
                                X