No announcement yet.

My arcade cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a myth that arcade cabs and stuff are massively expensive and tbh they aren't.
    it does depends of what cab you go for and what game but the whole setup could be picked up for less than ?300

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
      Going to get a atomiswave board seany?
      Yes. There are still a few 3 button titles and it's JAMMA. Wouldn't it be handy if someone had one on eBay right now

Comment

Total cost so far:

2 cabs = free
        Selling one cab plus a game for ?100

2 nice sticks, 10 new buttons = ?40
        MVS mobo = ?50
        SVC cart = ?25
        Soul Edge Board = ?25
        Art of Fighting top flash = ?7.00

Total spent: ?147

So - considering I will be getting a ton for the other cab, have spent ?47. Of course the bloke who is helping me with the sticks and buttons will also get a drink so add that as well.

Of course, it does help getting stuff for free. And now I am going to probably go MVS cart bonkers. Don't want an Atomiswave though - none of the games impress me enough to shell out. Am perfectly happy with Neo Geo.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
          Total cost so far:

2 cabs = free
          maybe a bottle of wine to the guy who gave you the cabs for free

Comment

Total cost so far:

2 cabs = free

2 nice sticks, 10 new buttons = ?40
            MVS mobo = ?50
            SVC cart = ?25
            Soul Edge Board = ?25
            Art of Fighting top flash = ?7.00

Total spent: ?147
            Nice. My total cost so far is...

Cab with 4 slot & Puzzle Bobble ?130

MV1 ?15

Big Tournament Golf kit, Shock Troopers, Kabuki Klash, Blazing Star, Karnovs Revenge, Magical Drop 2, Samurai 2, Ultimate 11, Fatal Fury x 3, Last Blade, Art of Fighting 2, KoF96, Drift Out, Magical Drop 3, real Bout FF = ?180

So I've done quite well me thinks

Only thing I have to do now is get a new bulb and fuse for the marquee.

Comment

Mvs carts are alot cheaper than the aes versions arent they?

Comment

depends what the title is - but yes.. mainly.

Comment

Mmmmm - Sanwa sticks arrived 7.30 this morning. Well worth spending a bit extra to get them - they are not a million miles away from my Hori stick, which is what I was aiming for. My dad in law is picking up my MVS from Bournemouth today, so will get that tomorrow - then it is just a case of waiting for a cart to arrive, getting my contact to set it all up for me - and I am away.

The monitor on my newest cab is lovely - a Hantarex Polo if that means anything to anyone - crystal clear despite being well over 10 years old, and nice and colourful. I can just imagine what the Neo games are gonna look like!!!

Comment

Mmmmm - Sanwa sticks arrived 7.30 this morning. Well worth spending a bit extra to get them - they are not a million miles away from my Hori stick, which is what I was aiming for. My dad in law is picking up my MVS from Bournemouth today, so will get that tomorrow - then it is just a case of waiting for a cart to arrive, getting my contact to set it all up for me - and I am away.

The monitor on my newest cab is lovely - a Hantarex Polo if that means anything to anyone - crystal clear despite being well over 10 years old, and nice and colourful. I can just imagine what the Neo games are gonna look like!!!
                    10years ago someone recommended a Hantarex monitor for my consoles. I got the impression that they are really well built quality screens. In the end I bought a Sony tv, but the Hantarex was so close to being bought instead!

Comment

I bought a Hantarex MGG EQ/3 28" "videowall" monitor for gaming, the best bit is they are the shape of a cube so you can tate it safely.

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_H
                        I bought a Hantarex MGG EQ/3 28" "videowall" monitor for gaming, the best bit is they are the shape of a cube so you can tate it safely.

Luke
                        Where did you buy it from. Direct from hantarex themselves or elsewhere. Trying to achieve optimal setup for my dc as shooters look great on vga but my fighters dont whilst the opposite is true for my tv and i figure a monitor would be a great compromise plus as you said tating it is a cinch.

Comment

The Electrocoin Goliath (Mk 1-3) is the King* of cabs. Accept no alternative...

*Hey kids, eyes down

http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/

and here comes the science bit...

http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/~elect..._html/goliath/

Mine is a Mk2, which is ULTRA ****e, but... nevertheless (cough), you can take your fancy Candy Cabs and stick 'em up your coco valves (hey, that almost rhymes, almost). The Golden Mile of 1987 RuLeZ!!!

That is all.

PS.I'm so sorry about this awful post.
                          Last edited by Il Postino; 13-09-2005, 01:47.

Comment

Christ, I really hate those Mk3 cabinets. They're absolutely everywhere in Irish arcades. And however bad they were 15 years ago, they haven't improved with age.

Was playing KoF 2001 on one of them two weeks ago. Up-forward diagonal didn't work. Two of the buttons didn't work. Had to manage with light punch and hard kick alone.

Why oh why do Taito or Sega not sell their lovely sit down candy cabinets over here?

Comment

Hi Nightstalker100,

Originally posted by nightstalker100
                              Where did you buy it from. Direct from hantarex themselves or elsewhere. Trying to achieve optimal setup for my dc as shooters look great on vga but my fighters dont whilst the opposite is true for my tv and i figure a monitor would be a great compromise plus as you said tating it is a cinch.
                              I bought it new from the Australian Hantarex importer. I wanted a 4x3 RGB (low res) monitor which had user adjustable controls and this was the monitor which met most of my requirements - with the bonus of being very tate friendly.

I have two monitors though; this Hantarex for low res RGB and an IBM CRT (19") for my progressive scan games. To use the IBM monitor I need the X-Select D4 Transcoder which converts progressive component into RGBHV.

Luke

Comment

I just got a cab for free this week, well, it cost 200 quid to go get it etc, and the monitor wont switch on at the moment, last night there was some furious puzzle bobble going down though for hours, so at least I've seen it in action.

and its something like you have there but has sortof been converted to a neo-geo one, anyway ramble ramble its near enough identical to the cabs I used to play on 11 years ago or whatever, and that is perfect for me, massive nostalgia trip, my friend has a 29" candy clone like some of those shown here, and while it is fantastic, I feel the same experience playing on this shagged-out one with a 19" monitor, and restoring it to hopefully better than it was originally. .. well.. 4 button neo layout at least.

now, if I could only get that monitor to turn on

Originally posted by Il Postino
                                The Electrocoin Goliath (Mk 1-3) is the King* of cabs. Accept no alternative...

*Hey kids, eyes down

http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/

and here comes the science bit...

http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/~electrocoin.uk.com/public_html/goliath/

Mine is a Mk2, which is ULTRA ****e, but... nevertheless (cough), you can take your fancy Candy Cabs and stick 'em up your coco valves (hey, that almost rhymes, almost). The Golden Mile of 1987 RuLeZ!!!

That is all.

PS.I'm so sorry about this awful post.

Comment

Working...
                                X