Saturn 2d Fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seany1979
    Just buy all of them, like I am trying to do. I haven't played a bad one yet. the Saturn owns every console ever made (with perhaps the exception of teh Neo) for fighters. My personal favourite (at the moment) is Street Fighter Alpha 2 Dash from the Street Fighter Collection. It is spanking gorgeous.
    I wish I could!!

o.k so I think these are the ones im going for

street fighter zero 3

a 'vs' game

vampire saviour

x men COTA

maybe a king of fighters or sam showdown game

Comment

I like Vampire Hunter more than Vampire Savior. VH is very cheap as well.

SFZ3 is wonderful on Saturn if you don't have a CPSII board. There is a problem with transperencies and a few other niggling things though.

KoF'95 uses a special ROM cart so you need a JP saturn or a switched PAL saturn.

KoF'97 is said to be pretty good. I only have KoF'95 and that is great.

FF:Real Bout Special is good stuff also.

The Streetfighter collections are great too.

Luke

Comment

it worth having both xmen vs sf and marvel vs sf?

For me it is: I like Hulk, Spidey, Juggernaut and Cammy the most and for that I needed both versions =)

zero 3 is tempting but is it worth the money?

Yes, I play this game the most out of all my saturn games. This way it would be even worth $100 for me because I play it for years straight.

vampire series yay or nay?

Yay, Hunter is a fine conversion without any issues and Savior, while being more of a KI style combo masher, is a ****ing perfect conversion. This was the game that drew me into saturn back in '98.

best kof on saturn?

Deffo KOF97, KOF96 is a slightly worse KOF97 and KOF95 is the worst of the bunch although its a fine conversion thanks to the ROMcart (speedy loading!).

samurai showdown 3 or 4?

Samurai Shodown 4 is the best SNK fighter on the saturn imo. Samurai shodown 3 is the worst SNK fighter on the saturn imo (I like FF3 more). Go figure.

fatal fury games any good?

Yes, Real Bout Special. RB1 is just a bit boring with its ringouts and little amount of stages and FF3 is just a bad conversion of a great fighter.

Any other good fighters im missing?

Cyberbots, SFA2, Pocket Fighter, Groove on Fight, Astra Superstars. The last 1 is not worth its big ass price though.

Comment

i have kof collection for the saturn and samurai shodown collection there pretty good.I did used to have the pal release of kof 95 that was the game that got me into the kof series.

Astra super stars is a fun game and pretty decent graphics but it is quite shallow no command moves as such and super moves are activated by pressing two buttons.But if you could get it for say under ?50 then i would say its a good buy
          Last edited by eastyy; 01-09-2005, 13:31.

Comment

Thanks for all the info people.

You lot are a nice bunch.

Ive found out that the japanese arcade stick is quite expensive, so I thought I might get a ps2 stick and use an adapter to use on the saturn. Ive never tried an adapter like this on any console, and was wondering if there are any problems using this method?

This way if I get a dreamcast/ps2 adapter I could have a stick for 3 consoles.

Comment

As big a fan as i am of SF and the Marvel games, ive always found Darkstalkers to be sluggish and almost completley random.

SFA3 has, as someone pointed out, got 100's of hours worth of gameplay a real must for the saturn (Especially if you can get the Mint 4Meg pack)

Comment

Working...
              X