The official rarities thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official rarities thread

Hi all, please use this thread to discuss those rare and hard-to-find items missing from your collection. This is the place to ask for information and help in finding the things you want. Please DO NOT post offers to buy specific items, this is NOT a trading thread.

Been after for about 6 years now and cant get hold of one, its the ASCii official Capcom Resident evil/Biohazard controller for the ps1. See here:-

While not really rare as such its proving hard to find. At the peak of the ps1's life the pad was advertised it almost every ps1 magazine i read and wasnt a ltd edition of any kind so there must be a few around?like a fool,i never picked one up at the time and i also passed up the chance to buy one in the london c.e.x a couple of years ago, which i now regret:-(
    The pad was released in europe,Japan and the Usa and is basicly a ps1 controller designed to enhance the playing of the Resident evil/Biohazard games. The left part of the pad is shaped like the handle of a flashlight and the right side is shaped like the butt of a handgun and has a trigger to fire,see here:-

The pad also(in jpn anyway)came with red,blue & green herbal teabags and memory card stickers. Anyone help?

Comment

Id say i have most of the rarest and sought after games on the MD (PAL) but one game i still cant get my hands on is Ecco BLOODY Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it a few times but its the ntsc version and as i only collect PAL version its proper hard to find!!!!
      i know it was only available in australia, i guess i have to keep on looking man!

Comment

Boxed and complete Mickey's Magical Adventure 3 for SFC. Released kind of late (95-96) and only in Japan (unlike the two first games). Later got a worldwide GBA release, but I'd like the SFC game. Seen it once on ebay (italian seller with a buy it now of ~$70).

PAL The Firemen (even just the cart) doesn't seem too common either, nor does JP Wild Guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Peet
          PAL The Firemen (even just the cart) doesn't seem too common either
          I think seany1979 picked that up yesterday.

Comment

I did. I will post a piccy tomorrow for you lot just so you can bask in teh R@RE-ness. Ha hahah hahah hahhah ha ha ha!To be fair though it is the only copy of it I have ever seen. Despite being a SNES owner back from day one, I hadn't heard of it until seeing it in a recent article in Retro Gamer (at least I think that was where it was). GamesTM should do it on "games that time forgot" to bump up the value even more ; )

Comment

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.

Ive got a large CV collection and this is one of the only the only games i need still. I know they are being re-released in Japan but I really want an English language version god knows ive been looking long enough for one, as im far to suspicious of ebay GBA games to get one off there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986
                Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.

Ive got a large CV collection and this is one of the only the only games i need still. I know they are being re-released in Japan but I really want an English language version god knows ive been looking long enough for one, as im far to suspicious of ebay GBA games to get one off there.
                Well i had a look around for you and could only find it on amazon uk, 2 used, one a not too bad ?25 the other a rarther pricey ?49.99, and 1 brand new sealed copy at,wait for it.........F**K ME ?99.99p!!!!!!!:-/

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                  I did. I will post a piccy tomorrow for you lot just so you can bask in teh R@RE-ness. Ha hahah hahah hahhah ha ha ha!To be fair though it is the only copy of it I have ever seen. Despite being a SNES owner back from day one, I hadn't heard of it until seeing it in a recent article in Retro Gamer (at least I think that was where it was). GamesTM should do it on "games that time forgot" to bump up the value even more ; )

It's not _rare_ really. Possibly RE@R!!!11 (you know.. ebay-rare...). However, I wouldn't call it easy to find either. Certainly absent from my ebay searches more often than not .

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                    Been after for about 6 years now and cant get hold of one, its the ASCii official Capcom Resident evil/Biohazard controller for the ps1. See here:-

While not really rare as such its proving hard to find. At the peak of the ps1's life the pad was advertised it almost every ps1 magazine i read and wasnt a ltd edition of any kind so there must be a few around?like a fool,i never picked one up at the time and i also passed up the chance to buy one in the london c.e.x a couple of years ago, which i now regret:-(
                    The pad was released in europe,Japan and the Usa and is basicly a ps1 controller designed to enhance the playing of the Resident evil/Biohazard games. The left part of the pad is shaped like the handle of a flashlight and the right side is shaped like the butt of a handgun and has a trigger to fire,see here:-

The pad also(in jpn anyway)came with red,blue & green herbal teabags and memory card stickers. Anyone help?

Most Gamestations have one or two of these in stock but don't bother to put them on display because no-one ever buys them. Ask at the counter and if they have one they should be able to dig one out of the stock room for you. It's been many years since I've seen a boxed one though.
                    Last edited by Kaladron; 25-10-2005, 12:38.

Comment

@ SuperDanX - sorry, not wanting to hijack this thread, but in that second link you posted there's a pic of 2 Biohazard Lego characters

I'm sure they're Lego and not Kubricks. Anyone have any info on these or where I could obtain them?

And I've been trying to get an NTSC-J copy of Strider 1 & 2 for PSone for the past 3months since I've had the console. There's loads of US/UK copies on Ebay but I've only ever seen 1 Jpn copy. And I'd just brought Gunners Heaven so I passed it up, even though it was only about ?15. Mega D'oh. Panzer Bandit also seems to be quite elusive.

Comment

Videogameimports have Jpn Strider 1 & 2 & Panzer Bandit in stock - pricey though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                          Most Gamestations have one or two of these in stock but don't bother to put them on display because no-one ever buys them. Ask at the counter and if they have one they should be able to dig one out of the stock room for you. It's been many years since I've seen a boxed one though.
                          Really? Most gamestations have a couple in stock??I'll give it try,how do you know that? Do you work in gamestation?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                            Videogameimports have Jpn Strider 1 & 2 & Panzer Bandit in stock - pricey though.
                            Indeed they do, and yes they are. I try to avoid VGI if I can as their prices do take the piss at times. But then, there's several Ebay sellers who are having an even bigger laugh. Oh well, if I want these games best get the cash out.

Cheers for pointing that out though.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                              Really? Most gamestations have a couple in stock??I'll give it try,how do you know that? Do you work in gamestation?
                              Yep. My own store doesn't have one but they're ten-a-penny, I tell ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X