Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am selling loads of things on ebay at the moment. One thing I have noticed these days is the number of pesky rotters who message you through the site, usually in barely comprehensible english, some inane question about postage or asking you to end the auction early.

One cheeky bastard asked me if I would end an auction for a mobile phone for £10 buy it now, and an American sent me this cryptic morsel: "How long is the postage?"

Will be interested to see how the PS1 Metal Slug I am flogging goes, now the retro compilations are out. Hope I get something decent for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
      One cheeky bastard asked me if I would end an auction for a mobile phone for ?10 buy it now, and an American sent me this cryptic morsel: "How long is the postage?"
      Mate you think thats bad, despite always having postage costs listed in any auctions I run, I still get asked "how much postage/shipping etc to xxx" the best was when I was selling a pair of my sisters rock climbing shoes, and I got asked this little gem "will these fit my feet?" ERR.. how big are your feet??? I cant see them!

Comment

You should have said you couldn't be certain they would fit the feet..but you had another place in mind they would surely find accomodating!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
          You should have said you couldn't be certain they would fit the feet..but you had another place in mind they would surely find accomodating!
          hahaha - very good wheelaa i like it!

Comment

Amazing what a little hype around a film can do:

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
              Amazing what a little hype around a film can do:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2275&rd=1&rd=1
              Wow, just wow..!

Comment

Had another good question this morning. Well, I say question, it was more like a begging request. Some book I am selling is a 1970s kids annual, and the potential buyer (who hasn't bid) has written a lengthy note, all in "txt speak" about how she used to have the book as a kid and how she couldn;t possibly miss out on it, and then goes on to ask if I can send it to her for free.

I replied that I am selling stuff to make money to pay my bills and feed my family, and could she kindly piss off.

that Spidey is insane, btw. Not even a very good game!

Comment

Do you think this will end for a good price?

Comment

i got outbid

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPER-Mario-BR...QQcmdZViewItem

But it's SEALED!!11!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
                        OMG! If id have known i could sell it for that much id have got loads of them from Game when i worked there! They were 10 a penny!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150121723327

Do you think this will end for a good price?

Hope so mate - if Sven has his mighty nordic claws in it it may go high.

Comment

Originally posted by nietzschedancing View Post
                            Hope so mate - if Sven has his mighty nordic claws in it it may go high.
                            14 watchers; Only three bids!

Comment

Hmm, well since anyone with any eBay knowledge knows that the minimum reserve price is £50 that would seem to suggest that there's quite a few people with no intention of winning, but who just want to see how much it goes to.

Not sure why eBay even allows you to start an auction for less than £50 if you have a reserve on - seems a bit pointless. Mind you, I guess it's free money for them if you no-one bids over the £50 mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X