X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You copying my posts Jason ?

Comment

Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't a bit mental, though!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
        You copying my posts Jason ?
        maybe, does that excite you my old amigo????

i didnt even notice your post, great minds and all that

Comment

Whats up with that guy's hand on the cover?

That has to be one of the worst covers to ever appear for a Mega-Drive game. Its like going back to the 80s.

Comment

Well thats me out of the race for WCS2. My max bid has been and gone. I'm not gonna lie to you guys, it was ?250. I've had some cash stowed away for just this occasion. But alas, it seems its not meant to be. Which is fine as there are plenty of things that the money could go to that are better off. Just spent the past 9 days in Rwanda in Africa. Makes you think you know?

Been toying with selling off my 32X, black box MCD and Blue Box MD games. But naturally I'd rather the rare ones went to someone who could use them to complete a collection. So really its down to the winner of this auction.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182 View Post
              Well thats me out of the race for WCS2. My max bid has been and gone. I'm not gonna lie to you guys, it was ?250. I've had some cash stowed away for just this occasion. But alas, it seems its not meant to be. Which is fine as there are plenty of things that the money could go to that are better off. Just spent the past 9 days in Rwanda in Africa. Makes you think you know?

Been toying with selling off my 32X, black box MCD and Blue Box MD games. But naturally I'd rather the rare ones went to someone who could use them to complete a collection. So really its down to the winner of this auction.

Gary
              Are you kinda a little relieved? I imagine this to be the sort of thing that you might desire but, really, when it comes down to it, you know that spending so much money on something like that is a bit silly!

Comment

Sorry to be an absolute dunce here but is the only difference between a blue box MD game the colour of the inlay?! Are there any more 'blue box' games which are worth this much?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineapple Chunk View Post
                  Are you kinda a little relieved? I imagine this to be the sort of thing that you might desire but, really, when it comes down to it, you know that spending so much money on something like that is a bit silly!
                  Sort of but you would probably get your money back on it. Also If you did buy it you could just think of the drug heads who blow cash like that in no time to fry da brain

Comment

WCS2 is meant to be like one of THE rarest pal MD games EVAAAAAAR!

Seriously I know collectors who would kill for one. Think its just cause hardly any were made back in the day and obviously it's a must have if you're going for a complete collection. So I completely understand the price tag. A game doesnt have to be playable to be genuinly rare..

As for the blue box games, they were just a new standard of styling for all the game covers half way down the line. They started doing it around 93 or 94 I think. I know this much as I remember Sonic 3 being the first Sonic game to take on the new blue box style. I actually LOVED the new style! Much better than the original style imo

They did something similar with ps1 games aswell. Like the first games didn't have the large "playstation" word along the bottom til a bit later on.

Oh and ps2 games keep changing the font size of the "playstation 2"

Ok I'll shut up now

Comment

There's no blue box variant game comparable to WCS2 in terms of rarity. There are a few that are relatively scarce though, e.g. the blue border version of Streets of Rage 2, and of Dragon Ball Z. The latter is probably the next rarest after WCS2, as far as I know.

Of course, there are some blue box releases that were only released in blue box format (i.e. there is no variant), and are still rare - like Death & Return of Superman, Spiderman: Animated Adventures etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                        WCS2 is meant to be like one of THE rarest pal MD games EVAAAAAAR!

Seriously I know collectors who would kill for one. Think its just cause hardly any were made back in the day and obviously it's a must have if you're going for a complete collection. So I completely understand the price tag. A game doesnt have to be playable to be genuinly rare..
                        I guess the debatable point is, how much are you willing to pay for the inlay!?
                        I keep looking at it in amazement, if i was in a 100k+ job then maybe id go for it...
                        But right now a physical cart is all im interested in for my full set, i wont collect variants for this reason. You can only play one version of the game at a time, so will you pay for a ?5 one or a ?XXX amount one?

I think you have to sell your gaming soul to appreciate this purchase! But each to their own, im just really really looking forward to seeing which person buys this, wether its one of the well known MD Collectors!
                        Damn eBay for hiding user IDs!!!

But realistically, this cant be anything but a 'shelved' display piece. There are so many better football games and a cheap version of this, i only need to mutter the words 'sensible soccer' to get everyone excited!
                        The only other impression i got was that the two carts (Original and Re-Release) are not identical and the original is not yet dumped to a ROM file. Highly unlikely i know, but a possibility!

I think this auction pretty much decides which the rarest PAL MD title is...

Comment

I'd say the blue Champions World Class Soccer is on a similar level, though arguably not as desirable since that's "just" a Portuguese variant.

And I wouldn't worry too much Gary - if there are any other copies floating around, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them listed pretty sharpish...

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                            There's no blue box variant game comparable to WCS2 in terms of rarity. There are a few that are relatively scarce though, e.g. the blue border version of Streets of Rage 2, and of Dragon Ball Z. The latter is probably the next rarest after WCS2, as far as I know.

Of course, there are some blue box releases that were only released in blue box format (i.e. there is no variant), and are still rare - like Death & Return of Superman, Spiderman: Animated Adventures etc.
                            I thought the Blue Box SoR2 was still unconfirmed?

Gary

Comment

So a lot of these blue boxed games are re-issues or second prints then? I can see why that would make them rare but buying two versions just for minor differences in the inlay seems like collector mentalism to me

Comment

Just out of interest anagrama, how comes you is selling off all your gear?

Comment

Working...
                                X