This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
    Twice I've 'finished' my Goemon collection only to have my friend say, 'well what about this one?'

wow must be some collection,any chance of some photo's

Comment

anagrama, how much did you sell f1 world championship edition for? I assume you did sell a copy.

Comment

?10.55

Comment

Someone tell me THIS is a joke. I recently sold a sealed copy for a fiver...

Comment

Cheers, a shame I missed it as I would have bid on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
              Ah the life and times of collecting...Can positively drive you insane!

I can't understand why anyone finds it weird that games such as this WCS2 go for so much...Where to stop your collection means different things to different people.

Twice I've 'finished' my Goemon collection only to have my friend say, 'well what about this one?'

I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on things AFTER they have nailed the complete collection if something.

Personally for me a lot of the time the thrill is in the chase and as long as you have something to go for it keeps me going. I suppose you could move onto other collections but I'm wondering if you ever hit a flat once you know it's all over.
              I can relate to this. I loved the thrill of the chase when I was collectin the rarer Black Box PAL Mega CD games (every other one is easy to get). I managed to find the rarest of the rare really cheaply except Fatal Fury Special (?120 or something). But, a part of me really hopes that there is an elusive Cannon Fodder Mega CD game out there somewhere - its the same part that really hopes BC Racers got a PAL 32X release to screw over everyone with a complete set of 32X games (I'm spiteful like that - Id love to own the 'BIG THREE').

Going back to STREETS OF RAGE 2 on MD BLUE BOX, I was under the impression that the game cartridge has some copies with a Blue Border on the cartridge but that the box itself was always the original? I checked guardiana .net and noticed that the cover given there is a scan from that magazine you emailed me James.

Gary

Comment

Double post
                Last edited by garyfoo182; 10-07-2008, 13:13.

Comment

anyone please tell me if these are real or fake pokemon GBA games before i buy please,

its shocking the amount of fake GBA stuff on ebay

that Megadrive football game is crazy price, i dident think it would be the rarest, its the sort of game id not look twice at the boot sales i will now tho lol, but for collectors i understand why you would want it , i thought the mega man game willywars? was the rarest?, i have a fairly decent collection around 30 pal games what collectors sites should i be looking at on pal md games? so i know what to get thats decent and ruff price guide? id love to see some pics or your collections thanks
                  Last edited by yesteryeargames; 10-07-2008, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                    that Megadrive football game is crazy price, i dident think it would be the rarest, its the sort of game id not look twice at the boot sales i will now tho lol, but for collectors i understand why you would want it , i thought the mega man game willywars? was the rarest?, i have a fairly decent collection around 30 pal games what collectors sites should i be looking at on pal md games? so i know what to get thats decent and ruff price guide? id love to see some pics or your collections thanks
                    Dude! If anything eBay is your friend when it comes to PAL md games. Sadly, Gamestation stores appear to have stopped stocking retro games now! I found a lot of my PAL MD in those stores. Tradera.com is a good site for the odd rarity. Maiu.pt is good for portuguese versions and trade-me.co.nz is good for auzzie rarities. I have mates in the three countries though so its easy for me to get them to bid and register on my behalf.

Here's my collection (missing a couple I think - Shining Force II and Cheese Cat Astrophe which I now have).

Zoop anyone? (There are plenty more Zoop auctions online!) http://www.tradera.com/10_X_ZOOP_til...ktion-68119152

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                      Yes, those are genuine games. The telltale sign is the PEGI 3+ ratings logo - there are no pirated versions of any EU versions (on any format). The FIRE and LEAF is slightly more difficult to tell, but the inclusion of the IR adaptor and think booklets strongly suggest genuine, as pirate versions were not released with accessories.

Comment

Just out of interest how many PAL MD Games were released?

I'm thinking of doing a complete Japanese Dreamcast collection. I've hundreds to go yet but I'm getting there, one publisher at a time lol. I've done Tecmo and Namco (not hard) and I'm only a few away from completing my Capcom set. KOF 2000 and Dream Match 99 would complete my SNK and Playmore sets then it's on to rounding out Sega releases, those posthumous shooters and all the dodgy anime/FMV things.

Comment

impressive collection, ill take a pic of mine later tell me what must haves i need to buy

Comment

Flipping 'eck - that's a rather nice collection Gary. Especially like the Mega CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
                              Flipping 'eck - that's a rather nice collection Gary. Especially like the Mega CDs.
                              Thanks dude. Turns out eBay was a great was to procrastinate at University!

I think I also have a copy of Motherbase on the 32X somewhere that isnt in that set.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 12-51-00 View Post
                                Just out of interest how many PAL MD Games were released?

I'm thinking of doing a complete Japanese Dreamcast collection. I've hundreds to go yet but I'm getting there, one publisher at a time lol. I've done Tecmo and Namco (not hard) and I'm only a few away from completing my Capcom set. KOF 2000 and Dream Match 99 would complete my SNK and Playmore sets then it's on to rounding out Sega releases, those posthumous shooters and all the dodgy anime/FMV things.
                                have you got any links, so i can see how i'm coming along

i'm not going for a complete set, but it would be nice to see if i've got all the games i want for the system

Comment

Working...
                                X