Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, haven't seen a copy of that knocking around in GAME for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
      To be fair, haven't seen a copy of that knocking around in GAME for a long time now.
      They've migrated to blockbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave3622 View Post
        This one is beyond shocking

An unboxed one usually fetches around ?50 and ?100 for a boxed one, Not sure what this guy has been smoking !!
        I'm sure my Oric used to be White and Black or dark blue with a rubber keyboard. That must be a second revision. ?3000 Penis

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
          I'm sure my Oric used to be White and Black or dark blue with a rubber keyboard. That must be a second revision. ?3000 Penis
          Sounds like an Oric-1 as opposed to an Oric Atmos.

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
            On a seperate note - Spencey does it again. I've seen Darxide, TMek and Primal Rage touch the grand mark before but.................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KNUCKLES-CHAOT...item53e4e7c610
            spence.77 is a proper bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              tell us something we dont already know!!

thing is people must be buying his items at the stupid prices he puts on them.

whats that old saying 'a fool an his money........'

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
                re. the Atmos, silly price aside - that's a stunner of a box for something that's about 30 years old!

On a seperate note - Spencey does it again. I've seen Darxide, TMek and Primal Rage touch the grand mark before but.................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KNUCKLES-CHAOT...item53e4e7c610
                Lol, just been reading the RG forum and I cracked up reading one poster's response to Spencey's Chaotix:

For a grand I'd expect at least a mint copy and a soapy t?t wank from Spence dressed as a french maid.

Comment

I got a PAL Mega CD with the Jap MD I bought a few weeks ago, with a cdx cart. This combo suited me as I wanted the carts in Jpn format, but only intended buying UK MCD games. Wanted to give snatcher and some others a go for the first time, but he's pretty much strangled that market. So thanks to him, i'm only focusing on the Jap carts and i'll probably get rid of the MCD and cdx. Absolutely agree, the blokes a bell end.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                    I got a PAL Mega CD with the Jap MD I bought a few weeks ago, with a cdx cart. This combo suited me as I wanted the carts in Jpn format, but only intended buying UK MCD games. Wanted to give snatcher and some others a go for the first time, but he's pretty much strangled that market. So thanks to him, i'm only focusing on the Jap carts and i'll probably get rid of the MCD and cdx. Absolutely agree, the blokes a bell end.
                    You could always go for Japanese/US titles instead. Thankfully Spence has stayed away from the import scene for the most part. Or, *ahem*, you could always burn them instead. Just think, by burning them to CDR you'll be taking trade away from twats like Spence

Comment

Interesting to see how Famicom Disk games which had fancy packaging amazingly turn into 'Limited Edition' games 20+ years later. Not only are the prices insultingly high at $219 and $160 shipped, the sellers are liars as well :/

Kiki is at least hard to find complete, Bubble Bobble doesn't even sell quickly on Yahoo Japan when it's priced around 4000 yen.

Kiki KaiKai Limited Package

Bubble Bobble FDS Collector's Edition

Just to compare ridiculous prices. A disk only Bubble Bobble from a UK seller at £45

I see the 1st seller sold the rare, SFC promo version (yuck) of the otherwise dirt cheap Tengai Makyou Zero for $2000.

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      You could always go for Japanese/US titles instead. Thankfully Spence has stayed away from the import scene for the most part.
                      Eh, I can't see a few UK resellers having any lasting effect on Japanese retro gaming prices. There's no point them even trying considering how different the supply and demand is. A few high priced games won't change that.
                      Last edited by mezzanine; 03-12-2010, 17:50.

Comment

Pay £10k or £100 - you decide.....

Personally, I'd price it at around the £40 mark.

The seller of the 10k one would probably argue that theirs is complete with manuals, but, you could get the std gameboy user manual and std starwars manual for peanuts (just buy a complete gb and complete starwars for less than a tenner!)

Comment

So I have been reading back through this thread, it really disheartens me how there are so many bellends on eBay ruining it for the not so educated buyer. I for one am not very experienced at knowing prices for older games and hardware, however I do have good common sense. People like this spence guy, puts me off using the bay, however as I dont know many people in the retro scene, it's hard for me to expand my collection. I feel sorry for the people he has sold to.

Comment

Not just the uneducated buyer, unfortunately. If other sellers see spence.77 selling his games at those prices it raises the cost for all of us unless we trade privately. It's why the trading forums here are an absolute godsend sometimes.

Comment

I am very much looking forward to being able to access the trading parts of the forums, I am looking for some specific PS1 and PS2 stuff and the bay prices are pretty nasty for the items I am looking for =[

Comment

£1200 for an NES Mario bros? Those celophane wrappers and tear off strips must be worth a frikkin' fortune.

But I suppose you could play it on an £1800 NES.

Last edited by Colin; 10-12-2010, 19:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X