• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Famicom Recca Summer Carnival 92 sooooooooo expensive:

?260!!

I wish I'd bought the one I got offered for ?70 a couple of years ago

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
      So a lot of these blue boxed games are re-issues or second prints then? I can see why that would make them rare but buying two versions just for minor differences in the inlay seems like collector mentalism to me
      The problem with WCS2 is that it shouldn't be rare! If it got a classic release then the original should have been a big seller. SO something fishy has gone on

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
        I guess the debatable point is, how much are you willing to pay for the inlay!?
        Case in point, I recently paid $280 for a complete C64 cart because of the box... only one of two I've ever seen with particular artwork on compared to the "standard" common release. But then again when people think you have the greatest C64 cart collection in the world, you need to keep up appearances

But this really was a one-off, I'd never normally spend that much on a variation for any system if I had the game already in some form. About the only other time was finding the Metal Gear Solid Gamecube set for about $250 so I could also have the original game on Cube disc. And a cool looking limited console heh.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Not retro, but I just got asked this today:

Nintendo DS Lite Black Console & official carry case!
          Dear lyris_1,

Hi, i will give you ?50 with p+p if you end the auction today. Thanks
          No

Comment

I always get stupid people asking to end my auctions early at a really cheap sum. I just reply with Hahahaha...no.

Comment

guys is snatcher mega cd boxed complte in good condiiton worth £65?

Comment

Reference to http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEGA-Mega-CD-S...QQcmdZViewItem perhaps?

Snatchers tend to go for anywhere between £40-£80 depending on how they feel. More recently they're hitting the higher end of that. If people have twitchy fingers they sometimes go higher. I think that £65 for one in collectors condition is fair.

Comment

just hope its pal uk,

Comment

I'd say £65 is a bit much especially for a PAL version. If you wait a little while until the ZOMG METAL GEARS craze dies out you'll get one much cheaper, around £40-50 I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                      Not retro, but I just got asked this today:
                      Nintendo DS Lite Black Console & official carry case!
                      Dear lyris_1,

Hi, i will give you ?50 with p+p if you end the auction today. Thanks
                      No
                      I used to get loads of requests like that one but they make no sense, why would they expect you to sell it for ?50???

I just have a standard response saved for them now which copies in the section of eBay's terms & conditions which state that you can't contact sellers with requests like that and inform them that I'm passing on their email to eBay to deal with.

I can't imagine eBay do much or anything to them but at least I never hear from them again.

I used to just respond with an "OK" and nothing else and whenever they contacted me again I'd just keep saying "OK" and nothing else until they got so frustrated that they just gave up in the end.

I'd nearly always get a reply for the last one that said "Well, I didn't want it for that price anyway as I can get them cheaper". I'd then send a nice reply telling them that was a shame as I was just going to close the listing down and that if they wanted it they should email me again. I'd then start with the old "OK" replies again.

I got bored of that in the end though.

Comment

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Mario-RP...QQcmdZViewItem

I know Super Mario RPG was a NTSC/Fami only release. Is this a port then? Or did a few PAL copies escape into the wild? That said, the box art is NTSC.
                        Since the box, manual and cartridge label are American, it looks like they bought the US version, removed the label from it, stuck it on a PAL cartridge, printed a label that goes over the side bit saying PAL etc.

If you simply lift a pin on the SA-1 chip inside the SMRPG cartridge and connect it to a certain point it works on PAL machines.

Not bad for a few minutes work.. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by garyfoo182 View Post
                          The problem with WCS2 is that it shouldn't be rare! If it got a classic release then the original should have been a big seller. SO something fishy has gone on

Gary
                          I always wondered this too...

?310 now! Bidder 1 still wants it!

Comment

I think I might scream if this goes too high! Its madness. The highest ive paid ever was £189 for Sonic Blast PAL/EURO on the Game Gear.

Alas...this will end up there with the big three 32X games.

Gary

Comment

Ah the life and times of collecting...Can positively drive you insane!

I can't understand why anyone finds it weird that games such as this WCS2 go for so much...Where to stop your collection means different things to different people.

Twice I've 'finished' my Goemon collection only to have my friend say, 'well what about this one?'

I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on things AFTER they have nailed the complete collection if something.

Personally for me a lot of the time the thrill is in the chase and as long as you have something to go for it keeps me going. I suppose you could move onto other collections but I'm wondering if you ever hit a flat once you know it's all over.

Comment

I think collecting of any sort is probably completely irrelevant to the people who don't do it.

Looking at those games they mean absolutely nothing to me and I have no interest in them but I have collected stuff in the past and paid a lot of money for things that many others would just have no understanding of. I really don't do it now but I'm still a bit of a hoarder.

When I look back at the stuff I've bought before it does seem ridiculous but I don't regret doing at all irrelevant of all the money it had cost me due to how much fun it can be tracking down and getting hold of that one rare item that you know very few other people would be able to have.

I think Nintendo were definately on to something when they devised the Pokemon games as you gotta collect them all and they knew that people wouldn't be able to resist.

My ex-girlfriend's uncle was a train spotter and used to travel across the world when he could just to see a certain train in Japan or Russia or wherever and although the trains seemed like a completely alien idea to me I really could understand he had to collect them all as I'd done similar things myself.

I remember spending what seemed like a fortune in school buying footie stickers just like 100s of other people in the school and although the physical things are different we do these things for exactly the same reasons.

As I said, these games are completely to me at these sorts of prices but I say good luck to the people after them and don't let anybody tell you that you are wrong because you gotta collect them all because is fairly safe to say that the people who criticise you have probably done exactly the same thing even if they've not realised it.

Comment

Working...
                                X