Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Megaman 2, Castlevania 2, Megaman and Street Gangs! ?9.99 starting bid!!

Manuals only
    Seller needs to be kicked in the nuts.

Comment

There's around 530 PAL MegaDrive games, depending on exactly what you count: 525 (I think) official European releases (plus Flux), a dozen or so unlicensed Ballistic/Accolade games and 5 Australian exclusives.
      That's not counting cover variants like the Classics & Kixx re-releases or localised French/German/Italian/etc versions, of which there are quite a few.

I had around 450 before calling it quits, but was only missing 2 games that I'd call "genuinely rare" (Punisher & Separation Anxiety, fwiw).

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama View Post
        (Punisher & Separation Anxiety, fwiw).
        I have to ask? fwiw? Is this like how I always say "flargh!" to everything?

Gary

Comment

"for what it's worth"

Comment

Ahh, see i dont understand all this net speak. LOL confused me for months in 2001.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
              have you got any links, so i can see how i'm coming along

i'm not going for a complete set, but it would be nice to see if i've got all the games i want for the system
              I'm told THIS is a complete list although there isn't much info on titles.

Incase you're not already aware VGRebirth has profiles for every game it lists but I'm not sure how comprehensive that site is. I have found a few obscure titles not listed and there are errors/missing info in some listings. A nice feature of that site is that if you register it lets you keep track of your collection and make a wishlist. They also let you make submissions/correct their mistakes and they cover all consoles in all regions.

For me however the winner is Sega's Official Japanese Website. It lists every single official Japanese Dreamcast release, Sega or otherwise and if you click the orange button it gives you a profile page for every single game, including a cover.
              Last edited by 12-51-00; 10-07-2008, 18:54.

Comment

I'm a bit shocked that there were only around 500 PAL mega drive releases. I must have had around 300 a couple of years back before selling off around a hundred. Didn't have anything in there that you might consider properly rare and always assumed that there were 1000s out there.

Comment

Is Separation Anxiety really that rare? I got it pretty cheap. That being said though, the case and instructions are the Genesis version for some reason grr

Comment

VGR's MegaDrive listings should be pretty comprehensive - I added everything I knew about, and former uber-PAL-MD-collector tonyB filled in anything I'd missed (mainly localised covers).

Guardiana's database also covers everything in detail.

Comment

worst ever megadrive collection?
                      Really makes me sick whenever I see all those bull**** sports games.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sega-Megadrive...3286.m14.l1318

worst ever megadrive collection?
                        Really makes me sick whenever I see all those bull**** sports games.
                        That's not your auction is it? Can't see anything wrong with it. We all have to clear tat at some point. Would you prefer that they threw it away?

Comment

My local Lame Station has a big basket outside the door just for that purpose! It's full of Mega Drive EA Sports games they can't even give away

I'm pretty sure none of those 'rare' games are actually rare either...

Comment

Just find it dissappointing, the complete lack of taste some people have when it comes to games. We'll have this same crap in every generation. Surely these people must feel embarrassed when they look back at what they've bought over the years and realise it's the same game over and over again. I can rest safe in the knowledge I will never feel like that. COUGHZELDACOUGH

Comment

Sounds like someone's got a guilty conscience?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                                Just find it dissappointing, the complete lack of taste some people have when it comes to games. We'll have this same crap in every generation. Surely these people must feel embarrassed when they look back at what they've bought over the years and realise it's the same game over and over again. I can rest safe in the knowledge I will never feel like that. COUGHZELDACOUGH
                                That's probably not the case though. A couple of years back I ended up with about 8 copies of sonic 2 as every car boot or ebay bundle I bought seemed to come with a copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X