This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seany1979
    What gets me is the ?5.00 postage. It would cost about 70p to send that without any signed for service and whatnot, and less than ?2.00 with.
    Question here for all you people who might have been affected before...

I've just bought one normal Cube game from a seller in the US and he's charging me $25 (shipping and insurance) to send it to the UK! He's already threatened me if I don't pay, he'll file a non paying dispute, even though I've argued that it can't cost that much possibly. So in return I've threatened to report him to eBay if the shipping when the item arrives (assuming I do go and pay) is nowhere near the cost I've paid. Anyone ever gone through and done something like that after finding the actual shipping cost is nowhere near the value charged?

@eastyy - That'll be Nintendo World Championships 1990 NES competition cart. Many of the winners were given grey versions, only the top people got the gold ones. The $6000 sale was a one-off really. The grey one usually goes for about $1000-1500 nowadays.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've never paid anything like $25 for shipping one game from the US, insured or otherwise.

Don't pay him.

Comment

Go on the USPS site and check postal prices, then send him the link

Comment

My advice: check the original listing. If it specifies $25 dollars to ship to the UK, then unfortunately you are screwed, hombre - bound to pay it or face the consequences. I had someone challenge my shipping costs once, despite my sales listing quite clearly saying that to ship to Europe it is ?5.00 flat rate. He claimed along the lines of "I could send it cheaper though", I asked why he didn't query this with me prior to bidding, and to pay me or else I would hop on the hoverspeed over to France and destroy his non-paying ass. He paid.

Until ebay are stricter on shipping, this sort of thing will happen all the time. Always read the listings, and if you are unsure then send the seller a message BEFORE bidding.

Originally posted by Mayhem
          Question here for all you people who might have been affected before...

I've just bought one normal Cube game from a seller in the US and he's charging me $25 (shipping and insurance) to send it to the UK! He's already threatened me if I don't pay, he'll file a non paying dispute, even though I've argued that it can't cost that much possibly. So in return I've threatened to report him to eBay if the shipping when the item arrives (assuming I do go and pay) is nowhere near the cost I've paid. Anyone ever gone through and done something like that after finding the actual shipping cost is nowhere near the value charged?

@eastyy - That'll be Nintendo World Championships 1990 NES competition cart. Many of the winners were given grey versions, only the top people got the gold ones. The $6000 sale was a one-off really. The grey one usually goes for about $1000-1500 nowadays.

Comment

Shipping pisses me off...Bought a DVD from Ebay US and have to pay $15 shipping-the DVD cost 99c...

Couldn't argue as it was on the auction...

Guy is still a **** and it will take between 30-40 days!!!

Comment

There is no shipping cost for the UK in the auction listing, only the US. And he refuses to give me the weight and size of the package to check on USPS, but from past experience you can send two Cube games for under $10 to the UK via airmail.

He quotes "Of all the listings I recently made, you're the only one to complain about shipping costs". Maybe I'm the only one who knows he is trying to take buyers for a ride

Comment

I have had 2 PS2 games sent from the US and only cost $11 for Global Priority Mail.

The buyer is trying to rip you off. Defintly link to the USPS website and quote the costs.

Comment

Well I've tried saying it can be sent for under $10 using airmail letter rate and he's having nothing of it. Won't actually even tell me how he is planning on sending it. Having said that, $25 for EMS with insurance would be about right, but there's no way I want a single game sent that way and with insurance (not worth it on a $30 item).

Comment

Tell him according to eBay rules he's not aloud to overcharge on postage - it's in there, if a seller is found to be doing that they can get kicked out.

Comment

What about the millions of sellers with 99p brand new games... ?25 postage?

Theyre normally in china or something

Comment

Originally posted by IanE
                        Tell him according to eBay rules he's not aloud to overcharge on postage - it's in there, if a seller is found to be doing that they can get kicked out.
                        Well as per my first message, I've already threatened him with that if I pay and receive the item and the cost is nowhere near what I've been charged. Had no response back from him yet.

Btw the breakdown on the $25 is $16 for shipping, $9 for insurance. This is minus the $6.50 he was also planning on charging me for "handing costs"

Comment

A lot of Ebayer are loading the costs of postage now to offset against the ebay and paypal fees. Its wrong but ebay are doing nothing to stop it.

I've recently seen a UK seller with an auction for a 2gb compact flash card wanting ?35 for p&p.

Comment

Screw him. Hes trying to screw you, so dont pay him, its not as if hes going to sue you for breach of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                              Well as per my first message, I've already threatened him with that if I pay and receive the item and the cost is nowhere near what I've been charged. Had no response back from him yet.

Btw the breakdown on the $25 is $16 for shipping, $9 for insurance. This is minus the $6.50 he was also planning on charging me for "handing costs"
                              At this stage I would tend to just tell him to ship it to a friend in the US, and then get them to post it on to me. A single DVD / Cube game via standard airmail should cost around $6 - $8 max, if you send it without any enclosures and it goes small packet rate.

There's absolutely no way I would pay $25 for it ... ebay regulations state that sellers can raise shipping costs by a *reasonable* amount for international buyers. $25 is NOT a reasonable amount for this item.

Or you could post him an international reply coupon, if you can still get 'em - you used to be able to buy these from the post office, basically a coupon that US residents could take to the post office and pay for postage with. Weigh a DVD in a jiffy bag and get the appropriate value reply coupon ...

Tirian

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian
                                At this stage I would tend to just tell him to ship it to a friend in the US, and then get them to post it on to me. A single DVD / Cube game via standard airmail should cost around $6 - $8 max, if you send it without any enclosures and it goes small packet rate.
                                Already said that, he said he will only ship to the UK because that's where I am currently. And he only takes Paypal for foreign bidders.

Comment

Working...
                                X