• Show
Clear All

Clearly people have different interpretations of the word "sealed"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAP-Import-Sat...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by nightstalker100
      Clearly people have different interpretations of the word "sealed"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAP-Import-Sat...QQcmdZViewItem
      blimey you've got good eyes if you can see that seal!!

Comment

That's sealed, what's the problem? Boxsets didn't come shrinkwrapped, save the jewel case inside, but it has the seal on the top.

Comment

Yes but its not sealed is it. Ive got many cds that have the security seal still on them despite me opening them up countless times to listen to. I would never call them "sealed".

Comment

But I'd say it is. The stickers on jpss boxsets don't go back down truthfully once they're opened even once. There's always at least a very noticeable clouding/shimmering effect going on underneath the bit that has been peeled open. The glue is different to say a music cd security seal, or a sega md oval sticker. Its also very easy to spot if the sticker has been completely removed and a new sticker reapplied, usually coz the muppets don't align the sticker exactly right. That is of course if you don't notice the slight loss in sheen first. (Plus its hardly difficult to find that boxset new, so why doubt the seller?)

Suffice to say neither of us will be buying it

Comment

I'm not doubting the seller, i'm just contesting his use of the term "sealed". For me and many others, when the term sealed is mentioned, it usually conjures up images of shrink wrapping. What is essentially a circular piece of cellotape doesn't qualify to be sealed.

And your right, i won't be buyig it

And i now know you to contact when in doubt of a retro items authenticity. Wheela your anal retentive attention to detail is mind boggling!

Comment

I'd imagine lots of collectors will search for the word "Sealed" in auctions, hence it's inclusion.

Anyway, at least those boxsets are actually physically "sealed" by a sticker. The clowns who advertise Japanese GBA/SFC/N64 games as "sealed" are infinitely more annoying.

Comment

I think critisising the guy is slightly harsh, it's not like he's selling a reseal here... the term 'sealed' has almost become interchangable with 'brand new' these days.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i reckon thats a bargain man!

Comment

Near mint too!!

Comment

I feel sorry for the dumb people who bid on this crap. The listing has some very small small print .

Dan

Comment

Im tempted to bid on that so some poor fool doesnt get duped out of ?180, I wouldnt mind taking the hit of a neg for that.

EDIT: checked the bidding and it seems some people have the same idea, I hope he gets stung on fees, but he'll just file for NPB and get away with it. Nob
                          Last edited by erhgiez; 04-03-2006, 19:10.

Comment

It's been removed now...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What was it?

Comment

Someone ahd put up an auction for a 360 premium, but were actually just selling the wholesale list they mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X