This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfacandan
    I'm no expert and I admit that MoO2 and Alpha Centauri are superb games but what's with this?

Also, what is an XXXX game...are/were they a developer?

Dan
    I would imagine that they just have a standard blurb for their game auctions and meant to replace "XXXX" with the genre (e.g. strategy / adventure or something) before they listed, but forgot. Or couldn't be bothered.

Comment

Ok - Starblade is kinda uncommon. A sealed Starblade is probably pretty rare. But ?120 rare? I kind of doubt it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FACTORY-SEALED...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

XXXX means 4X in strategy game terms, and that means the four 'Ex'es - Explore, Exploit, Expand, Exterminate.

Why on earth anyone would lengthen an abbreviation is anyone's guess :P

I got a fairly minty MoO2 for ?15 a few months back. Some sellers are definitely on a mission to push PC games into the stratosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by halfacandan
          I got this game the other day for a fraction of this price...and didn't like it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220040260894

Dan

Edit: Also like the catagory it was put in
          It does go for suprisingly high prices considering it's not very good and I tend to see a couple of copies in my local Gamestation all the time for ?31.99 second hand. I eBayed my copy because I wasn't that impressed with it and it went originally for ?48 to a non-paying bidder (I was not happy) but on the second auction it went for a reasonable ?43 which is a nice ?13 profit on what I bought it from play.com. Mario Tennis also seems to go for near ?30 every I've seen it on eBay and it's not exactly uncommon either.

Comment

goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by ryodi
              I eBayed my copy because I wasn't that impressed with it and it went originally for ?48 to a non-paying bidder (I was not happy) but on the second auction it went for a reasonable ?43 which is a nice ?13 profit on what I bought it from play.com. Mario Tennis also seems to go for near ?30 every I've seen it on eBay and it's not exactly uncommon either.
              I was watching your auction for a bit. Nice price there.

Comment

I Just made a nice little buy on ebay. Seller made spelling mistake.

forgotten worlds - md

compare the price to this!

another forgotten worlds

Comment

Meh, that ?14 copy is just willful optimism - it's a ?3/?4 game at best.

Comment

the guy selling the sealed Starblade is one of those dudes that caused me so many lost acutions when i was completing my PAL Mega CD set.

Grr...hehe.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog
                      I Just made a nice little buy on ebay. Seller made spelling mistake.

forgotten worlds - md

compare the price to this!

another forgotten worlds
                      or

or

ebay sellers are always kinda pricey

Comment

the 2nd one.
                        must be the one i bought,

probably thought he'd get more money on auction rather than buy it now.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                          or

or

ebay sellers are always kinda pricey
                          I got a JPN Forgotten Worlds in the wild once.

Someone had put a bit of paper inside the plastic sleeve, over the Japanese spine which read "Forgottem Worlds"

Comment

what a NOOB who'd pay this much for a game you can astill get very cheap elsewhere! LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X