Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
    And CCE does?

Indeed we're at a stalemate, as I (and presumably Yakumo) love the original port precisely because it feels like the arcade game, where CCE (IMO) does not
    Like I said at least CE moves the original port feels like forward, stop, forward, stop, forward, stop.

In the end the only thing we can agree is that we would all rather play the arcade version, Daytona 2 anyone. It's seems strange, how the first port of Sega Rally was perfect, yet all the Daytona ports have been cursed not to live up to the arcade.

Originally posted by rmoxon
    lol. How do you work that out? I think that if there are so many games worse than Bug and I have managed to miss them all then whatever I was doing instead of playing them would constitute as living a better life than if I had suffered through them...

But yeah, there probabaly are worse games, but its hard to pick a worst ever saturn game, just like its hard to pick a worst ever game for any console, there are some REALLY bad games out there you know....
    Indeed after playing some of those games you do ask the question "Can I have that hour of my life back please". Yeah I know there are even worse totally unplayable games out there, but even I don't play them.

Comment

went into Ca games tonight to see if they had any stuff and only had a handful of games

they did have a border down (normal) for ?60 and on the sticker it stated that it was the sequel/follow up to radiant silvergun and ikaruga

imagine your face if you bought it because you though it was a sequel to radiant

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
        went into Ca games tonight to see if they had any stuff and only had a handful of games

they did have a border down (normal) for ?60 and on the sticker it stated that it was the sequel/follow up to radiant silvergun and ikaruga

imagine your face if you bought it because you though it was a sequel to radiant
        Typical nonsense used to fuel a sale. Apart from them being completely off base you have to admire its effectiveness; to belong to a exclusive fraternity that includes RSG and Ikaruga is enough to drive up the value and demand of any game. In the case of border down it sells on its own merits but a normalat ?60 might need the hype

Comment

That said, anyone familiar enough with RSG and Ikaruga to pay that kind of money would know the label to be incorrect anyway, surely?

Comment

Yes but theres the kids who read about and hear about them only on the internet, never having played them (or at the most an iso) and would fall for this tactic. Theres a sucker born every minute, and ebay seems to be the place where they all congregate

Comment

Hey, about BUG! being crap, well yes it is Can't stand that or GEX or Mr. Bones. I find them all to be a dull as hell. Saying that I'm sure there's people how like it just like every other game out there. Mentioned before was Mansion of Hidden Souls but I actually liked this first time round.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                Mentioned before was Mansion of Hidden Souls but I actually liked this first time round.

Yakumo

It's actually made out of magic stuff, life altering game.

Comment

Like I said at least CE moves the original port feels like forward, stop, forward, stop, forward, stop.

In the end the only thing we can agree is that we would all rather play the arcade version, Daytona 2 anyone.
                  Mate don't take this the wrong way, but you're the only person that I know of, That say's the CCE is the best home port , or plays like the Model 2 version. Most others are split between AM#2 (the best ) or AV ports.

And let me just say Dayona USA 2 suffers the same problem as the CCE port, Great game in its own right, but doesn't play or feel like Dayona USA at all.

Hey, about BUG! being crap, well yes it is Can't stand that or GEX or Mr. Bones. I find them all to be a dull as hell. Saying that I'm sure there's people how like it just like every other game out there. Mentioned before was Mansion of Hidden Souls but I actually liked this first time round
                  Bug wasn't that bad, Part II was really good (if too hard for it's own good) Mr Nones was a bit sh8t , but some of the mini games were fun and it did show off the Saturn 2D power . Oh and I like Hidden Souls as well, but there again I love those type of FMV games and love all the Mega CD ones as well

Comment

I found Gex fun to play, as far as ex-3D0 middle-of-the-road reject software goes anyway. It's not terrible, there's just better, less annoying games. Like Pandimonium and Croc.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                      Mate don't take this the wrong way, but you're the only person that I know of, That say's the CCE is the best home port , or plays like the Model 2 version. Most others are split between AM#2 (the best ) or AV ports.

And let me just say Dayona USA 2 suffers the same problem as the CCE port, Great game in its own right, but doesn't play or feel like Dayona USA at all.
                      Don't worry I won't, oddly enough I have met a few people who prefer CE, but your right most seem to like the AM2 port. Can't say I ever played Daytona 2, as I only ever saw it in one arcade in Spain!

Haven't played Gex or Mr Bones, The Mansion of Hidden Souls was released on the Mega CD and it has to be said that D, Enemy Zero and Torico do it so much better. Cyberia was a laugh to play as well.

As for Bug! a lot of people like it and it had some very good write up, some people found it to hard, I myself found it was to easy but then I was raised on Mario.
                      Last edited by S3M; 15-01-2006, 18:32.

Comment

Played zombie revenge today for first time in years - underated sega classic in my mind. gold

Comment

Working...
                        X