Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Gaming skill you will never forget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't pulling your leg re the 24 perfects (your score ends up around 1.3 or 1.4 mil, depending on if you're playing WW or any of the others) but maybe my memory is mixed and the perfected screen does come from the SNES one. I've clocked the bloody thing so many times in the last 15 years I can't remember. And 24 perfects is entirely possible because each enemy has an exploit so if you play like a robot and the cpu doesn't take its chance to mess about and break your poking, you can do it.

Comment

well the master screen definitely appears on the console versions if you finish without losing a round

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
        The Street fighter vid has expired... can someone deal me in?
        I found it here after a bit of digging.

Dan

Comment

Dragon Punching a Pretty Boy

Not overly skillful, but I remember leaping for joy when I mastered how to Dragon Punch Vega/Balrog after his flying wall attack on SNES SF2!

Gouki's 'Fire Cracker'

Again not a huge display of skill, but finally figuring out Gouki's 'Firecracker/Demon Rage 15 Hit thing' (No bugger told me it was performed slightly different in the home version of Alpha!) then throwing it into a combo and annhiliting my mates in about 5 seconds!

Balancing a 1penny piece on top of a Mortal Kombat SNES cart for the 'Blood Code'

Yeah right, don't tell me none of you ****ers didn't try it
          Last edited by Escape-To-88; 22-02-2006, 02:14.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

i was taught sf in the arcades by the local 'rude bwoi' types. it'd go like this:

i'd put 20p in and ask someone to show me, say, the fireball. they'll do that, then i'll practice for the round (most likely i'll lose this round anyway). then they'll take over the next two rounds and win for me. i repeat this process against each cpu player until i've learned the fireball properly.

then i move on to the dragon punch, same procedure as above. everyone wins in this case - i learn the move properly (they'd coach me while i was practicing) and the rude bwois get free games (and their names on the high score table)!

as for mk blood code, i never had a snes so no i didn't try it although i did find a long-winded april fool's joke that was similar but involved all manner of silly things (beat raiden without kicking or something like this, blah blah blah) and gave it to my friend to try who then proceded to tell me that it worked. this was before i figured out he was a compulsive liar

Comment

Working...
            X