retro rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am i saying?

I did it again with my Saturn stuff including Panzer Dragoon Saga, Gaurdian Heroes et al about 6 years later

Who says videogaming doesn't adle your brain?

Comment

I used to use Video Game Centre a hell of alot, ive lost track of the amount of stuff i have traded in / bought there. I used to travel down from swindon about every 6 months with a pocket full of cash to buy stuff, that was until the shop changed hands, they never were that cheap but you could always do a resonable deal if you traded in or bought alot of items - not any more, its a shame because it was my favorate shop for along time!!!

Langley

Comment

Back in 2001, I was desparate to play NiGHTS. Being young and naive I went onto eBay and bought the first Saturn I could find.

The "boxed" console arrived long overdue in a beaten up shipping container with some bizarre sort of SCART cable, no power cord, and a Mega Drive II controller. And incidentally, a copy of a game inside the console that I wasn't expecting. The game? Hi-Octane. D'oh.

So once I'd acquired the necessary parts to get the damn thing to work, I realised that it wouldn't retain any memory information, and when I tried to swap the battery out, I got a garbled screen.

It was a PAL Saturn too, because this was before the days where I knew what a stepdown transformer was, which made the whole thing that little bit worse.

Comment

I have sold

- 7 nintendo game & watches for equal to about thirty pounds
          - a psone with SoTN, suikoden and other goodies for equal to about sixty

these were a few years back, but still not my finest hours I'd say

also when I "went retro" I was very impatient and overpaid for lots of stuff. man, I would'we spent that money so much wiser now... aargh

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
            Back in 2001, I was desparate to play NiGHTS. Being young and naive I went onto eBay and bought the first Saturn I could find.

The "boxed" console arrived long overdue in a beaten up shipping container with some bizarre sort of SCART cable, no power cord, and a Mega Drive II controller. And incidentally, a copy of a game inside the console that I wasn't expecting. The game? Hi-Octane. D'oh.

So once I'd acquired the necessary parts to get the damn thing to work, I realised that it wouldn't retain any memory information, and when I tried to swap the battery out, I got a garbled screen.

It was a PAL Saturn too, because this was before the days where I knew what a stepdown transformer was, which made the whole thing that little bit worse.
            What a nightmare! Broken Pal Saturn with missing leads , wrong joypad, and Hi-Octane game. I wouldn't take it for free!,

Comment

Sent $500 in 2001 for Kizuna Encounter english home cartdrige-neo geo.
              The german seller didn't sent anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ter
                Sent $500 in 2001 for Kizuna Encounter english home cartdrige-neo geo.
                The german seller didn't sent anything.
                A very good reason for WW3.

Did you ever manage to resolve it, or get your money back?

Comment

Working...
                X