Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCD version rulezzzzzz

Comment

Those FF drawings bring back alot of memories. I was lucky enough to work with Gary for a short time, look out for a feature at MMA soon.

The best TV-Game guide I ever saw in an English magazine was the one in C&VG for Vigilante on the PCE. It used actual sprites and was clearly inspired by the Japanese magazines at the time. Stunning it was.

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC
        Those FF drawings bring back alot of memories. I was lucky enough to work with Gary for a short time, look out for a feature at MMA soon.

The best TV-Game guide I ever saw in an English magazine was the one in C&VG for Vigilante on the PCE. It used actual sprites and was clearly inspired by the Japanese magazines at the time. Stunning it was.
        nice one.. look forward to that

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC
          Forgive the pedestrian question - what's MMA?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
            Forgive the pedestrian question - what's MMA?
            Time Extension brings you the latest news and features from the world of retro gaming. Giving retro and classic games more time to shine and so much more.

an archive of Mean Machines, with reviews, interviews and all things MM

Comment

heh i just started playing the Mega CD version of this again. Awesome game. the music is fantastic, and because of that i can't play any other version now

Comment

Any idea what issue that was in mate?

BTW - JAPJAC did work experience with the MM chappies, and even helped produce issue 23 - as he says, keep your eye on the Archive for a feature based around his time there!
                Last edited by Duddyroar; 10-03-2006, 15:17.

Comment

I wish there was a magazine that had style like this. The Gynoug pages are works of art. So much passion and depth in those thin pieces of paper!

Maybe Darran should redesign Retro Gamer and just copy the look in every way. Then again, where would he get someone with such skill?

I'm only dreaming though. RG is much better than every other magazine around. GTM is like a catalogue, Edge is horrible and boring. There just isn't anything passionate out there. Why did the ' hero games journalist ' breed die out?

Comment

Really good to see that brilliant artwork again, MM was such a visual mag. Is Gary Harrod still doing that type of stuff or is he a bank manager or summat nowadays?

Comment

He's still a designer - check out his bio on the Mean Machines Archive.

Comment

Maybe Darran should redesign Retro Gamer and just copy the look in every way. Then again, where would he get someone with such skill?
                        Funny you should say that...some of Gary Harrod's work will be appearing in RG in the near future...

Comment

Guys, what has happened to CVG now? Has it finally folded or is it still around?

Comment

Folded im afraid

Comment

Any links? Was it sudden? Was the last issue emotional?

Such a shame what it became by the end...bit like George Best.

Comment

Have to say i think after CVG had a new look (think it was the new look where they got rid of the freeplay section and retro sections and changed the layout)

I stopped buying it then

Comment

Working...
                                X