Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CCC Thread (Complete Collection Collectors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheelaa
    That's pretty harsh mate. I've only bought stuff from him once because he took 2 months to post it.
    He could be the best seller ever with the connections he obviously has too.

He always quoted his ebay feedback to me with pride, something like 95% positive from over 3000 deals I think. Didn't like it when I pointed out that was about 150 people who complained and many people won't leave a negative under almost any circumstance.

Still, I'd love to have his collection (with my Marty stuff obviously )

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
      Still, I'd love to have his collection (with my Marty stuff obviously )
      Agreed! (well with my saturn stuff hehe).

(Also you don't happen to know about the Denny's Marty do you..if it was sold, or just given away to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Denny's? I thought Denny's was a restaurant anyway??)

Comment

Never heard of a Denny's Marty? Denny's is a restaurant / fast food chain in the US, possible they have restaurant's in Japan.

Couldn't find anything about it. You've got me curious now. Not bought anything Retro for ages but I like my Marty stuff, could be tempted ...

Comment

Fair dos, cheers, I can't find any info either. It's just a Marty 2 with an extra 'Denny's 20th Anniversary' outer box, the console logo is the same too (unlike the TC Marty which is a Marty 1 with extras) and it comes with a little certificate which I suspect will have an answer of sorts. Just need to find some kind soul to translate it!

Comment

Been a 'lurker' on these boards for a while, but I thought I'd drop a post on this thread.

I'm currently trying to collect all PAL D/C titles.

Currently 118 so far.

Yeah, I know its probably one of the easiest formats to collect for (as pointed out by a few on this thread) however, trying to get a complete set in very good condition is not particularly easy.

Cases can be swapped with others, piece by piece to make a whole new one, but trying to get inserts and instructions without any rips/creases/folds/marks can be a pain in the ass.

I'm using a few sites to boost my collection, along with GameStation which does a BOGOF offer for ?5. However as I've found out, half the time stuff like inserts and instruction manuals are ropey @ best. I now have to ask to take a look @ the stuff before I hand over my cash. Quite anal really

As an aside, I would like to see a collection, be it Jap/UK or both (?!) of GB/A titles.

Comment

I don't "collect" console games any more. You end up with too much crap you'll never play that actually isn't worth owning.

If there's one thing I'd say I collect these days it's Cave arcade gear. I have all their shmups bar Pink Sweets, and most in complete kit form. Second best Cave collection on the forum

Comment

I used to have 75% complete PAL Saturn and PAL DC collections before I realised that I was spending a hell of a lot of money on crap games and a hell of a lot of time cannibalising cases.

Sold the lot for a lot less than I paid for it and as a result play a lot more games now

Comment

I'm now goin for a full (commercial) Gizmondo set as there are only like 14 or so proper releases anyway and I've already got about 8 hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock View Post
                    Howlin-Murdock reporting for duty sir!

Right i like to sorta spread my wings a bit and go through phases when i collect, so one minute it'll be NES then MD, MS etc etc

Anyways not sure about the MD PAL but i have 470 games, not sure whether the complete list is 525, 540ish or 570!
                    Mega Drive PAL (470/525, 540ish, 570)
                    Master System PAL (170/280)
                    32X PAL (23/27)
                    NGPC Euro (25/37)
                    NES PAL (93/200ish) - i think
                    GG PAL (55/200ish)
                    Saturn PAL (50/200ish)
                    Dreamcast PAL (47/198) - i think
                    I have a complete NGPC (Euro/UK) set - YESSSSS!

Comment

You do realise it's 39 UK releases for NGPC now?

(hoping the above number was a typo)
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        You do realise it's 39 UK releases for NGPC now?

(hoping the above number was a typo)
                        typo indeed

Comment

Sega Saturn - Japanese collection of 802 out of 1264 (Included rereleased budget versions etc. One day I will have a full Japanese Sega Saturn collection.

Yakumo

Comment

I've been umming and ahhing about finishing my Saturn Shooter collection, but seeing the machine is incompatible with my HDTV, I stopped using it.

I've been thinking about collecting Neo Geo Pocket games, but at the moment I'm trying to decide if it's worth doing. I have a lot of titles already for it, but they're all carts only.

Comment

I completed the PAL Pico collection a couple of months ago. Whoopee.

Comment

Only two collections I'm fussed about now:

Simple 1500 Series for PS1
                                Simple 2000 Series for PS2

Currently slowly making my way through both!

Comment

Working...
                                X