No announcement yet.

Your thoughts please: Space Harrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know about the Sega port of Afterburner.

Return to the fantasy zone sounds interesting, I will have to track it down!

Cheers!

Comment

Next to tempest 2000 it's probably my most favorite game ever.
      I think the 32X version is best. Sadly the 32X is such a silly thing :d
      But i have it permanetly installed for Space Harrier and Virtua Racing. I should hunt down Kolibri and Afterburner. The Other 32X games I have are horrible (Star Wars ,Mother Base , Moto Cross->Probably the worst game I ever played)

Comment

This arrived through my door this morning but it doesnt seem to want to play on my derby stallion saturn. It plays but the music skips and the game skips any ideas? the disc is flawless Ive heard that some saturns have compatibility problems with some games is this one of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Today I tried to win Space Harrier in the Shenmue ticket grabbing game.. 5000 yen later, still no success :/

Wasn't there some pattern to it? I'm getting sick of all those chocolates!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n
            Interestingly, the amiga has 3 Space harrier games,

The original, ported by Elite

SpaceHarrier 2 ported by Teque

and most interestingly,

Space Harrier: Return to the Fantasy Zone
            also by Elite
            I just played Space Harrier and Return to the fantasy Zone, and am bit connfused. They are both the same game, programmed by the same people, but Return to the Fantasy Zone seems to be some kind or re-arrangement, I think it has some enemy graphics that were only in Space Harrier 2 but I could be mistaken.. the big robot guys with three eyes?
            I wonder what was going on there. It isn't a totally different conversion, like is the case with the Afterburner conversions, thats for sure.
            Last edited by jamielemon; 21-04-2006, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by jamielemon
              I just played Space Harrier and Return to the fantasy Zone, and am bit connfused. They are both the same game, programmed by the same people, but Return to the Fantasy Zone seems to be some kind or re-arrangement, I think it has some enemy graphics that were only in Space Harrier 2 but I could be mistaken.. the big robot guys with three eyes?
              I wonder what was going on there. It isn't a totally different conversion, like is the case with the Afterburner conversions, thats for sure.
              Yeah i didn't think so, looking at the screen grabs it did seem to be like some kind of Remix. The 3 Eye Robots are in the original. I wonder if maybe it's the later levels of the game as someone else suggested earlier.

Comment

Working...
              X