Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duddyroar
    A pound?? How?
    I met someone at GameStation who was selling a job lot of Saturn games (mostly PAL) but he culdn't shift Souky because it was covered in scratches and didn't actually work. I bought it off him for a pound (worth it just for the box) but managed to get it resurfaced and it now works a treat. Bargain!

Comment

Simply put, the best Shooter I've had ever played bar none .
      The 3rd level when youd decent thought the clouds is amazing (what is it about RAIZING and the 3rd Level). Also the soundtrack is one of the best ever , and really fits with what happened on screen (sort of like SONIC ) and add so much to the action

Comment

Souky is one of the main reasons I regret selling my Saturn, along with Layer Section. A cracker, an absolute cracker.

One day when i am rich I will buy the ultimate collection of Saturn stuff, including this, because it is easily the most dangerous console I have ever owned, in that i could have crippled my self financially had I given in to the temptation to buy all the things for it that I wanted.

One day......

Damn I miss my Saturn. Hear that sound? It is the two smallest violins in the world playing a tune for me and Duddyroar.

Comment

Souky, a damn fine game It's in the current issue of RG with titles like Layer Section, Radiant Silvergun, Batsugan and a few others...

Comment

Seany - I've had five Saturn's in my lifetime, considering it's such a brilliant console I just can't seem to keep hold of the fecker.

Comment

One of the few big name Saturn shooters i've never played. Which version is worth getting? I have heard the original doesn't work with some Saturn's is this true?

Comment

Is Soukyugurentai Otokuyo the special version?

or is that just it's full name?

I've been quite keen on getting this for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                  Similar, but unlike Raystorm/Crisis it isn't rubbish.

Rayforce/Layer Section is better though.
                  I totally agree, Layer Section is untouchable. I think Souky is a fine game, I'm just not that keen on polygon graphics and piggish menus at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n
                    Is Soukyugurentai Otokuyo the special version?

or is that just it's full name?

I've been quite keen on getting this for a while now.
                    AFAIK it is the bug fixed rerelease version, I think the first version had a few problems like glitchy text on non Japanese Saturns. I really want to get it sometime.

Comment

It has a demo of Battle Garegga too.

Comment

...and adds support for the flight stick and Nights Pad.

Comment

If you have a Japanese saturn, just get the cheapest version you can get, but I think the prices of both releases are pretty similar.

I'm not too fond of the game myself. I find it a bit boring to be honest. The batman forever ish gritty graphics style does not really appeal to me and the boss and enemy design do not either, although the soundtrack is pretty neat. I do think its better than Layer Section 2, the game that is comparable to some extent.

But I'd rather pop in Batsugun or Dodonpachi in TATE mode.

Comment

Working...
                          X