No announcement yet.

Games hidden within games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (SNES/MD) - The original Pitfall was included, but I can't remember if you could play it from the go or had to activate it via joypad code!!

Blades Of Steel (NES) - Half-time had a mini-game where you controlled the Vic Viper and battled the end-of-Level 1 boss from Gradius.

Excitebike 64 (N64) - Had the original Excitebike as well as a 64-bit recreation of the original if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
      the ps2 version of twinkle star sprites has the neo geo version hidden in it
      The Sega Saturn and probably the Dreamcast version do as well including the full arcade intro and audio. Wouldn't really call that an extra though since many shooters contain the original arcade version.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
        Space quest had a cool duck shoot game.

PGR2 had that shooty game in the garage that you can pay for on xbox live arcade. Brain not functioning sorry.
        Didn't Space Quest III & IV also had the hilariously addictive Astro Chicken games

Comment

re: Death Tank Zwei on the Saturn

This is hidden on Duke Nukem 3D. There are, AFAIK, two ways of accessing it.

1) Have a saved game on the Saturn memory from Quake or Exhumed.
          2) Complete Duke Nukem and destroy every toilet in the game, including the 'mega-toilet' in the hidden "Urea 51" level

Death Tank, which is unlockable from Powerslave (US version of Exhumed) is a different, and slightly inferior game.

Death Tank Zwei is fantastic, and is quite simply one of the best multiplayer games ever devised. A friend of mine is currently writing a PC version for network play http://www.groundfire.net/

re: Dynamite Deka

This game does indeed have the sub shooting game Deep Scan built into it. But it's better than just that - the higher the score that you get on this game, the more continues you get given for the main game. I didn't realise this till I had a serious bash at Deep Scan one day and racked up a huge score .. and then wondered why it suddenly seemed impossible to run out of continues on Deka!

Comment

TimeSplitters 2 has loads of little mini-games like Snake, a Jetpac clone (interesting since Solar Jetman was an early Rare title, and TS2 was made by ex-Rare peeps) and I think lightbikes, asteroids and something else (definatley five). I only remember unlocking those two though.

Apparently the difference in the Ninja Gaiden secret games is that the original version has the arcade versions, but Black / Hurricane Pack has the SNES NG Trilogy (basically the three NES versions, which were different to the arcade). Personally I missed three scarabs and haven't had the time or heart to replay the game to find them

Comment

Cheers for the Ninja Gaiden Black info

Second Sight is supposed to have some secret games in it but I haven't got round to playing it properly yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
                Apparently the difference in the Ninja Gaiden secret games is that the original version has the arcade versions, but Black / Hurricane Pack has the SNES NG Trilogy (basically the three NES versions, which were different to the arcade). Personally I missed three scarabs and haven't had the time or heart to replay the game to find them
                Just to clear things up.

Ninja Gaiden: Has the three NES games on it.

Ninja Gaiden Black: Only has the arcade game on it (aka Shadow Warriors)

Sonic Mega Collection, has Flicky, Ristar and the Japanese version also gets Comix Zone and The OOZE.

Comment

From Zub on a 128k Spectrum you could access Lightfarce, a parody of Lightforce.

Um ... can't think of any more.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                    Dynamite Deka (Die Hard Arcade) on the Saturn has a submarine game which was the first game the producer of Dynamite Deka ever made.
                    Periscope

Its on Sega ages volume 26 as well

Comment

Neh t'was Deep Scan http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7543

One of the best added on games imo

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                        Neh t'was Deep Scan http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7543

One of the best added on games imo
                        you are correct Mr Baseley

after checking my Dynamite Deka it is indeed deep scan, looks like they have included Periscope on the sega ages collection

Periscope is a Arcade by Sega (circa 1968). Sega's first game - a show stopper for the 1969 AMOA - huge submarine game with a large periscope, mechanical sound effects, and a fiberglass ocean. Amazing!

and it seems its 11 years older than deep scan

Comment

I've uploaded a vid of Excitebike3D here. It's a reworking of the NES excitebike, but using the N64 engine. It's great fun. It's got a normal level straight after too.

Comment

Pitfall the mayan adventure has the original game as a hidden bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
                              I think that Wiz & Liz either had an unlockable game in it, or was an unlockable in another game - I don't know which way round it was!
                              It had several! Mix the following fruit or veg for an exit letting you play the respective game:

StrawBerry + Orange = Splat Dudes
                              StrawBerry + Mango = Wheel Spin
                              StrawBerry + Pear = Pong/Breakout
                              Banana + Onion = Falling Rabbits
                              Orange + Potato = Snafu/Snake
                              Orange + Lemon = Chance
                              Orange + Mushroom = Spinning Tube
                              Carrot + Pear = Rabbit Invaders
                              Potato + Lemon = Quiz
                              Potato + Pear = Gold Rush
                              Cabbage + Cabbage = Arkanoid
                              Cabbage + Mushroom = Helicopter
                              Pear + Pear = Finders Keepers
                              Cherry + Cherry = Bouncing Bunnies

Comment

I was sure it had other games in it though I never owned it (I particularly remember some games mag mentioning the breakout game.) I'm also thinking that it was an unlockable in a later Bizarre Creations game, possibly a Formula One game on PS1 (???) If that is true, then, is it potentially the first 'hidden game' that actually contains hidden games itself??!

Comment

Working...
                                X