No announcement yet.

Favourite gaming year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say now, there are so many games that are becoming affordable to me and more accessable due to the internet. At the dawn of the next gen there is not more exciting time than now, with the anticipation of PS3 & Wii, and the 360 already out what moe could you ask for? M$ Live is kicking off (which i must admit i have yet to properly subscribe to). The forum isbusy and rampant with hot discussions. What better time to be happy about gaming.

The Knowledge of the past and library available to us all, and the arrival of future prospects is the keys to quality gaming times ahead.

I have to say that i have not experiemced every AAA game out there so im yet to experience some gems still either locked away in my draw, or will come by me in the future.

The time is NOW!

Comment

My answer hasn't changed since last year. It's 1996

Super Mario 64
      NiGHTS
      Metal Slug
      Neo Turfmasters
      Bio Hazard
      Sega Rally
      VF2
      Panzer Zwei

etc..

Comment

Jet Set Radio
        Shenmue
        Virtua Tennis
        Crazy Taxi
        Dead or Alive 2
        Resident Evil Code Veronica.
        Chu Chu Rocket!
        Planet Ring
        MSR
        Quake III Arena.

What a year it was for a Dreamcast owner.

Not forgetting the Neo Geo Pocket colour!

Superb!

Comment

Gran Turismo
          Ocarina Of Time
          Half-Life
          Metal Gear Solid
          Tekken 3
          Panzer Dragoon Saga
          Radiant Silvergun
          Resident Evil 2
          1080 Snowboarding
          Grand Prix Legends
          Colin McRae Rally
          Grim Fandango
          Quake II

No question - 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
            Gran Turismo
            Ocarina Of Time
            Half-Life
            Metal Gear Solid
            Tekken 3
            Panzer Dragoon Saga
            Radiant Silvergun
            Resident Evil 2
            1080 Snowboarding
            Grand Prix Legends
            Colin McRae Rally
            Grim Fandango
            Quake II

No question - 1998.
            Add F-Zero X and Banjo Kazooie to that list.

Comment

yr. 2000 for me. Solely on the effect of Perfect Dark"

If you thought I was bad with FFXI this year you should have seen me then - I've never been more obsorbed in anything else.

Comment

I think 91/92 were exciting times for me. The SFC hadn't been out long so Marioworld was getting played alot plus SF2 had hit the arcades and was starting to become the legend. I was also very into shooters and there seemed to be an abundance of ones i liked around, Area 88, Gradius III, and loads of PC Engine CD-ROM stuff.

Still as has been pointed out now is probably the best time, its so easy to get quality games and the future is looking pretty exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                  Add F-Zero X and Banjo Kazooie to that list.
                  I'm not a fan of f-zero I'm affraid, and Banjo is diabolical.

It had to contend with Mario 64 but it really isint that good.

Comment

1993: Got a Snes that year and played the following for the first time [Mario World, F-Zero, Zelda: ALTTP, Castlevania IV, and Area 88]. Gaming heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
                      I'm not a fan of f-zero I'm affraid, and Banjo is diabolical.
                      Yeah, but you're in the minority there. 1998 was very good though for all the reasons you listed. Plus I played FFVII that year.

Originally posted by the_dude
                      1993: Got a Snes that year and played the following for the first time [Mario World, F-Zero, Zelda: ALTTP, Castlevania IV, and Area 88]. Gaming heaven.
                      Yeah - that was too good a year, so good it set the standard on how games should be, for me anyway. That's why it took 7 years for a videogame to topple my all time fave which was, prior to PD, LttP.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                        1998 - 2000 for me, why? because it was the years of the DC. I never have been so excited about a videogame console before and never will, CVG used to tease me of previews of vft3 tb, sonic adventure, and powerstone on almost a monthly basis. The DC felt like a true next gen console, it felt like an arcade machine in your home, probably the last console ever to take its roots from the arcade. During that time capcom were on to-p of their game with almost monthly ports of top quality 2D fighters, and of course the powerstones, sega was at the peak of their creative powers gave us magical games such as jet set radio and shenmue as well as ports of quality arcade games such as crazy taxi and virtua tennis. Gaming will never be that good again, forget what the people say DC > Saturn
                        What he said. Tho I'd go right up to 2002 with mid 2000 (From Virtua Tennis/Jet Set Radio etc) - mid 2001 (up to SKies of Arcadia and Grandia2) being the absolute peak , basically the DC was the best time I've ever had in gaming, and I can't see anything topping it.

Comment

1991 - golden axe, steets of rage, sonic the hedgehog and super mario world ^_^

Comment

1999 - end of 2003 for me, for the Dreamcast. Yes, it was basically dead by the end of 03 but I was still buying a load of games for it. Think I played through about 80 DC games throughout this time, 30 of which I still own today.

Comment

1992 WINS!

The snes had become the machine to own, and I was loving every minute exploring it's glorious catalogue of AAA titles.

The Megadrive was also competing well, with Sonic2 etc....

The arcades were still alive and well, with games like Virtua Racing, and all the other early 3D games that started a new era in true 3D. Not forgetting all the excellent 2D arcade games!

SF2 really took-off this year, and every arcade, chip-shop and cinema was buzzing with fighting fever!

1996 was a great year too. N64 with Wave Race, Pilotwings and Mario64. Not forgetting Soul Calibur, Tekken 2 etc... for the PS1. The Saturn had loads of great games too!

1992, but 1996 was close!

Comment

Don't u mean Soul Blade on the PS1? :P

yeah 1996 would have been a fantastic year for me too had I not been completely hooked on Transport Tycoon for the entire year, caught up in 97 though ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X