No announcement yet.

Favourite gaming year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998-2000 a lot of cool PS1 rpgs came out then, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile..etc

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
      Gran Turismo
      Ocarina Of Time
      Half-Life
      Metal Gear Solid
      Tekken 3
      Panzer Dragoon Saga
      Radiant Silvergun
      Resident Evil 2
      1080 Snowboarding
      Grand Prix Legends
      Colin McRae Rally
      Grim Fandango
      Quake II

No question - 1998.
      I agree - outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
        Don't u mean Soul Blade on the PS1? :P

yeah 1996 would have been a fantastic year for me too had I not been completely hooked on Transport Tycoon for the entire year, caught up in 97 though ^_^
        Yep... I meant Soul Edge/Blade. It was a great game back in 96!

Comment

Originally posted by master chief
          Gran Turismo
          Ocarina Of Time
          Half-Life
          Metal Gear Solid
          Tekken 3
          Panzer Dragoon Saga
          Radiant Silvergun
          Resident Evil 2
          1080 Snowboarding
          Grand Prix Legends
          Colin McRae Rally
          Grim Fandango
          Quake II

No question - 1998.
          1998 was pretty good. I would add Baldur's Gate.

Comment

1997 was probably my favorite year. I was a gamer for a long time before that (had owned an Amiga, NES, MS, MD), but since 96/97 a true non-stop gamer. Before that it was more in periods and I hardly played alot. But early 1997 I decided to dump my MD and cross to the store to buy an eleet PSX with Soul Blade (simple; I - SAW - THAT - INTRO!). I initially wanted a saturn (was in love with VC2 and VF coin ops) but the thing was dying in the west so "experts" told me not to do so.

I played alot on the PS, and enjoyed the likes of Tekken 2, Tomb Raider 2 and FF7 too. But when I saw stuff like Xmen vs SF I also went to buy a Saturn and it kicked the PSX from the #1 spot in my room.

1998 was a great year too, I had chipped my PSX (initially for backups, which were red hot back then) and went to buy Tekken 3 import at the store, which was THE game to get. And also the game I was addicted on in the arcade. I still remember that day, I bought T3 for an arm and a leg, dumped it in my coat, went to the arcade, threw a few coins in the T3 cabinet and half an hour or so later I decided to go to home to play it for free, I was pleasured to find out the speed of the 60hz import version was spot on with the coin op

Comment

1995 Will Never been betterd imo.

This was the years we got Panzer Dragoon and then SEGA took the piss by bring out the Virtual Fighter II, Virtua Cop and SEGA Rally all inthe same month .

Nothing will beat that

Comment

The year of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere and Ridge Racer Type 4

Comment

Working...
                X