No announcement yet.

Whats going on........The Neo Geo????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its quite bizarre really but i do think its to do with the conversions of many of the most popular games, plus if you really want to play them then MVS is so much cheaper. That said i'd like to see a cheap SS4 cart, i've been wanting that for ages.

Comment

A great deal of Neo Geo AES owners are people that couldnt afford the machine when they were younger. Alot of it is nostalgia, and playing the original game on the AES home system with all the original hardware is where its at. It was my brother that originally bought a Neo AES at launch. He only bought about 5 games in his whole time of owning it due to the high prices at launch.

I have never bought any of the more expensive carts, only ones for around ?80 tops. I never bought them as an investment, I bought them to play and collect when i see a bargain.

Its just not the same playing the game on the PS2 or the PC and it never will be for me. Even playing on a cab just isnt the same feeling as owning and playing on the AES for me as the AES was always the machine I wanted more than anything.

I am glad the prices are coming down as its a great time to buy now.
      Last edited by SUMIRE; 31-05-2006, 21:52.

Comment

Nothing beats the real thing but surely the console conversions do play a part. Its getting redicilous. There is even an Art Of Fighting trilogy on Ps2 now, a series I thought would be forever exclusive to the Neo (yeah there are some MD and SNES ports but they were no harm). The same went for KOF94..

Whats next, Breakers collection? Kizuna and Savage Reign double pack? For some lesser hardcore Neo fans, its certainly less attractive to buy the real thing..

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer
          Whats next, Breakers collection? Kizuna and Savage Reign double pack? For some lesser hardcore Neo fans, its certainly less attractive to buy the real thing..
          Don't rule it out. Kizuna Encounter, Ninjamaster's, World Heroes etc can all be seen in the intro for the other NeoGeo Online Collection packs.

Comment

Well at least Kabuki Klash is still exclusive.. or is it?

I love that game ;D

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer
              Well at least Kabuki Klash is still exclusive.. or is it?

I love that game ;D
              Yeah it is, there is a Kabuki Klash game on Arcade Card which is often thought as a conversion like most ACD games, but it is a new game in its own right.

Comment

Its definitely great news for me, as I've always wanted to collect for the Neo AES, but didn't for obvious reasons. I don't think its only the neo geo that has prices coming down, the Saturn has too.

As for to keep the AES games or sell, well, you could never tell can you. Maybe next year the prices will go back up or even lower, who knows. If you don't want/need them anymore, I think you should sell, to me if you like! Though I do think the guys prices are a one off for being "no paypal", I bought 3 of them, haven't recieved them yet, so don't know if its a bargain or ............ (touch wood)!

Comment

more proof of the falling Neo market

the seller is
                  • reputable - 100% feedback with a rating of 1100+
                  • sells worldwide
                  • item is perfect
                  • takes paypal
                  • offers actual pictures of the item

but his pocket reversi auction only gets ?44

feck me a couple of years ago, you had people climbing over each other offering ?120+ for one mint copy

Comment

No pink slip man, come on

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                      No pink slip man, come on
                      you are right

just take it out one of the cheaper games

his last blade only sold for ?25 as well

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                        but his pocket reversi auction only gets ?44

feck me a couple of years ago, you had people climbing over each other offering ?120+ for one mint copy
                        Heh. I remember the first one on eBay getting ?400+ (right, Matt? )

Comment

Need some help here, do any of you guys know the the ebay seller SNK.vs.igs at the start of this thread, or if you bought from him did you recieve your stuff?

Well I bought 3 AES games off him for ?300! He still hasn't sent the stuff yet, although he did say he had a accident, but he also said he'll get someone else to send it......
                          A very strange man, wont even mention his name and had to pay to this woman's name? I think I'll wait for a week and see what happens....

Comment

i was suprised with the ninja masters auction but this has shocked me even more - and it doesnt look sunfaded either

waku waku 7

this i'm unsure about - whether its genuine or a fake, maybe thats why it's selling low

metal slug
                            Last edited by buster_broon; 13-06-2006, 12:55.

Comment

Neither have ended yet so who knows what will happen!

Comment

That Metal Slug still has 3 days to run

Comment

Working...
                                X