How much is your collection worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy
    I think if i took any neo geo games into my local game branch they would look very confused on what they were
    the massive credit note i had went to buying most of my 360 console on release

Comment

for insurance purposes every bit of software plus hardware is priced at what it would cost me to replace it at full price ... 369 current gen titles at 40 quid a pop, 25 360 titles at 50 quid a pop - it all adds up

Comment

probably about ?400 and a few isssues of razzle

Comment

Im not even sure how it would work if you wanted to insure a complete collection, it would cost too much wouldnt it?

Anywho.....not going to mention who but i spoke to a good dude on a forum once and he mentioned his collection was probably worth ?50,000!!!!!! I guess that puts us all to shame man!

Comment

In 2003 - 2004 I had over 15 consoles with about 400 games.

Now I have 6 consoles with around 100 games that's worth, acording to IGN, $4440. In real money proablly over ?500 - ?1000.

That amount of games makes me feel queasy, I feel sorry for some of you!

Comment

I wouldn't even like to start adding it all up - it'd scare me, but I'd estimate I've spent well over 20K on games, consoles and DVDs over the years.

Comment

god knows what my stuff is worth, it's only really worth as much as someones prepared to pay really. Doesn't help that ebay auctions etc fluctuate in prices so much for the same game coz it makes it really hard to get an accurate price.

Comment

I wouldnt like to guess but i'm sure my collection is good for a few grand:

neo geo aes with 20 games
                  ps2 with over 80 games
                  xbox with over 60 games
                  gamecube with 20 games
                  ds with 18 games
                  gba sp with over 20 games
                  gba micro
                  snes with over 160 games
                  megadrive 2 with over 40 games
                  dreamcast with over 30 games
                  over 60 ps1 games
                  I uesd to have more but had a retro cull a couple of years back. Ended up buying a lot of it back though!

Comment

got any pics of ur snes collection?

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                      Anywho.....not going to mention who but i spoke to a good dude on a forum once and he mentioned his collection was probably worth ?50,000!!!!!! I guess that puts us all to shame man!
                      I think you'd find there are actually a few folk on here who have collections worth more than that. Couple thousand games for various formats and you're there. It all adds up pretty quickly without being realised!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
                        I think you'd find there are actually a few folk on here who have collections worth more than that. Couple thousand games for various formats and you're there. It all adds up pretty quickly without being realised!
                        yeah but im sure they would have to be 2,000 top games man! cause i have 2,000 games and believe me they are not worth anywhere near 50,000!

Comment

Dread to think the exact estimate, i have all my stuff covered under the general household insurance.

Only thing in my collection that has extra insurance is my pinball that is ?3000 before i even start adding up my games & consoles.

Comment

ive made about ?200 in gamestation creidt notes in the last year just trading in my games, so quite a lot. Alot of games have been traded in mind, probally about ?100

the rest probally wont be worth that much thought tbh. Theyre all quality games yeah but there also fairlly common. The only game I have thats worth more than ?10 is Metal Slug 2nd Mission :/

console wise, there all UK and unmodded. I think ign said it was worth about $2000, but thats defentlly BS

Comment

Good this, it's another willy waving topic.

100 PS2 games
                              40 XBox games
                              50 Gamecube games
                              60 Saturn games
                              30 DC Games
                              60 PC Games
                              30 GBA Games
                              20 PSP Games
                              10 PS1 Games
                              5 DS Games

I'm making attempts to reduce the collect a bit, not because I've seen the light and now want to play sports in the sunshine or any of that crap, but I need to make more space for PS3/360/Wii games. Don't want to buy another cabinet.

Probably 3 thousand bucks like everyone else

Comment

Mine's worth practically nothing to most people in the world, worth a fair bit to collectors of portable consoles, and worth a bundle to me, which is what matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X